Washington State wolves and the future of hunting

Copper Basin

LRH Sponsor

Has anyone looked into this? Not sure if this a new battleground against all hunting or maybe I got suckered into a headline. Any info would be enlightening.

Thanks for any input.

Close to 20yrs ago I had this dirty hippie explain to me that the data will show that wildlife management can be from hunters or natural predators, but not both. Aside from his dirty, greasy looks, he was a Ph.D. and highly respected biologist that worked for the fish and game. I've heard similar theories before, but the way he explained it with such certainty, and given the context of the company he was likely to hear and spout that message, I believe that it will impact hunting at some point.

What's funny is there's never been a shortage of Canadian wolves, but never let truth hold up an agenda.

I can't stand to read that article. My family has been hunting the hills of Washington for over 100 years throughout the generations. Seen a couple of wolves up in the NE corner few years back. Seen the deer herds decline too. Heard of wolves spotted in western wa too. Can't wait til I can get out of this state.
i hunt in the NE of the state and was seeing wolf prints right in the road. 2 years ago i was seeing multiple does every day i hunted and then last year i was seeing nothing, went a couple miles from where i had been going and then had 2 does (looked like a mother with a yearling or maybe 1.5 year) that crossed my path about the same time daily. i could only hunt weekends due to my schedule but could not find a buck. i went to the same place this year to pick berries because they were plentiful last year and saw one or two deer tracks in the snow and it was not fresh snow. i'm at a loss for where to even go anymore.

They will stay put just like they want.
IMG_2315.jpeg

They will stay put just like they want.
View attachment 517144
Numerous articles on it, most BS in my opinion. Look at the map, and how far they travel. Then Google Wyoming shooting Colorado wolves. Generally hunters, have "lured" wolves across state lines to shoot them. Wolves that wandered from Wyoming into Colorado, wandered back and got shot. The entire narrative ignores wolf travel patterns. Of course death threats to humans OK behavior, wolves not so much.

Numerous articles on it, most BS in my opinion. Look at the map, and how far they travel. Then Google Wyoming shooting Colorado wolves. Generally hunters, have "lured" wolves across state lines to shoot them. Wolves that wandered from Wyoming into Colorado, wandered back and got shot. The entire narrative ignores wolf travel patterns. Of course death threats to humans OK behavior, wolves not so much.
Which is exactly why stocking them on eastern seaboard makes perfect sense. Let them wander and share the "beauty" and "majesty" of wolf pack howls near their populated centers.

i hunt in the NE of the state and was seeing wolf prints right in the road. 2 years ago i was seeing multiple does every day i hunted and then last year i was seeing nothing, went a couple miles from where i had been going and then had 2 does (looked like a mother with a yearling or maybe 1.5 year) that crossed my path about the same time daily. i could only hunt weekends due to my schedule but could not find a buck. i went to the same place this year to pick berries because they were plentiful last year and saw one or two deer tracks in the snow and it was not fresh snow. i'm at a loss for where to even go anymore.
It's sad that the libtard idiots think this is ok. I empathize with you brother. Hate to hear that kind of situation.

Recent Posts