Washington State vote against I 1639

jbs2014

As many of you may already know there is a grave threat to the Second Amendment rights of the citizens of Washington State. Among other creepy and invasive things, I 1639 requires one to store their firearms at all times. So, as I understand it, if someone burglarizes your house and uses your firearm in the commision of a crime you, the victim of the crime, are liable for his actions. And, as I understand it, if the law is violated they intend to prosecute it as a felony. If anyone has more on this please let us know.

They go even further with the law in defining ALL semi-automatic rifles (not just AKs and ARs) as "assault rifles".

Like I have always said, the anti-gun crowd is looking to ban ALL firearms. This further proves my point.

If you live in Washington State, or are eligible to vote there via absentee ballot please get out and vote AGAINST this bill. If you have family/friends in Washington State, encourage them to vote against it.

more information can be had here:
https://www.initiative1639.org This is the NRA's site that explains the issue further

Thanks for the reminder! This is also the one the government allowed on the ballot, even though there was clearly violations on paperwork for the signature gathering.... It's a fight on all levels. Please talk to any gun owners you can and try explaining the bad in this......So many gun owners are starting to vote with emotion, and not seeing how these laws can affect them, or the harm in them. ( "I mean, what's wrong with this, its sensible") There are also sportsmen who are getting arrogant, and superior attitudes voting with emotion, not realizing that when others rights are gone, the leftist movement is coming for their sport, and their "type" of gun.
A huge percentage of gun owners in Washington have voted for increased firearm restriction laws in the past couple years.....we need all the help we can get!

I think one of the best places to have an impact is on the rifle range. During a ceasefire go and talk to the other shooters on the range, let them know what the stakes are. The AR owners will 99% of the time be receptive. With the bolt gun owners let them know that after the semi autos their bolt guns WILL be next. What will be vital is to get as many folks in the Red counties out in force to vote against this thing, and against any firearm hating candidate. You guys have a big problem in that state, your large cities. The only way to overcome that is to get max participation in Red counties.

No matter what keep up the fight

see, things like this show why America was not set up as a "Democracy". It is a Constitutional Republic.

A true democracy can turn into a clown show where all rights of the 49% are revoked if 51% of the population 'feel' a certain way.

A Constitutional Republic has established separation of power and enumerated rights which cannot be infringed upon. It has elected representation who are bound to operate under the guidelines of their oath of office, and it protects the rights of the minority against the tyranny of the majority.

Nevertheless, Leftists talk about "democracy" like their version is a given fact. No wonder. Leftists hate the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the concept of Natural Rights, the separation of powers which hinder their efforts at totalitarian control, and anyone who opposes them. They hate the "old white men" who founded our country and the people who still appreciate those ideals. And they hate guns and gun owners who they feel might try to stand up to them at some point. So they push for a long term marx-leninist goal (and not even secretly anymore) by short term rabble rousing, propagating hatred and division, and promising free stuff. They bus morons to the polls, give a vote for every felon, every illegal alien, their pet, and a few extra votes for each one of their split personalities. Just get to that 51% and they'll ignore the constitution and operate as if they have a mandate to overthrow it all. And once there, you'll never get them out. They have already turned many states into clown shows.

You may be hoping that my final statement has a resolution to this problem after that tipping point is reached. I don't. Input and suggestions are welcome.

I feel bad for all of you in Washington State, I am sure most gun owners got to the polls but I think that the rot that is progressivism has too much control in the major population centers. Keep fighting, this is a war and not one battle. Let's hope the NRA takes it to court.

Thanks.......The sad truth is many gun owners voted for this......In my opinion, whoever wrote the rebuttal argument in the voters pamphlet did a horrible job at telling what this will actually do, I can see many people voting with emotion on this one. You're right though we need to keep our heads up and keep trying, but man it's hard to see......Anyone want to buy a house in SW Washington?:(

Thanks.......The sad truth is many gun owners voted for this......In my opinion, whoever wrote the rebuttal argument in the voters pamphlet did a horrible job at telling what this will actually do, I can see many people voting with emotion on this one. You're right though we need to keep our heads up and keep trying, but man it's hard to see......Anyone want to buy a house in SW Washington?:(
Those people are called "Fudds"... The old folks (typically wing shooters) that sip brandy and smoke cigars at their multi-thousand acres ranches, and don't think AR's are modern sporting rifles that are very viable hunting guns, and that as long as they have their O/U & SxS shotguns and bolt-action rifles, that's all you need. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I love my O/U's and my bolt-actions, but I also love my AR's. The sheer versatility of the AR platform is more than enough to prove relevance, at the very least. But these Fudds refuse to acknowledge any hunting/sporting weapon technology designed after 1900. The NRA's board has been infiltrated with many of these Fudds for nearly 60 years.

Those rebuttal statements are suppose to help the voter make a sound decision but they are written by out of state "liars", extremely confusing and often hard to decipher which side is telling the truth. While, it is not on gun issue, Montana went through a few state ballot measures, I voted a straight no, except for one and it passed (as it should be). All of these interests are funded by out of state liberal groups and they have the resources (people and money) to stir the pot. :(

I agree, stay on course and fight the good fight.

Very true....The changes in the Higher Courts are a very positive thing! We can rest hope on that! Just a short story of why this passing makes me so grouchy...... Not long ago a convicted felon killed three people in Woodland Wa. Turns out, his girlfriend KNOWINGLY made multiple (9) straw purchases for him, one of which was used in the crime. She should have been looking at 85 years on federal charges, not counting state charges.....So far as I know, she was sentenced to one year (See link below)......I keep hearing about how we need to crack down on gun crime, but if this is cracking down it's no wonder we are not getting anywhere.....This was a perfect time to throw the whole book at a couple criminals and set an example. But now, with I-1639 passing, if my guns are STOLEN and used in a crime, I can be charged????? This example shows how these new laws are aimed at making criminals out of gun owners and make it more painful just to own them.

The problem with moving, is where do you move? Most places in the US, that can provide what I need for my family have this same crap moving in......you may gain a few years but until it is stopped it will continue to creep. On a trip this summer in Wyoming, I meet an older couple at a motel and started a conversation with them.....He had grown up in Wyoming, and moved to California for school and married there. Now retied, he was planning on moving back to Wyoming, while he wasn't a raging Liberal, he was bringing some California thinking back with him. Kind of like all the people fleeing the horrors of California to Washington and Oregon bring their ideas with them, vote with them, and everyone wonders why it slowly seems more like California.

Sorry for the long rant! I just gotta vent a bit and get back to work......Millions on welfare are depending on me and the others on this site! :D SO GET BACK TO WORK!

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/p...ased-guns-violent-felon-sentenced-year-prison

see, things like this show why America was not set up as a "Democracy". It is a Constitutional Republic.

A true democracy can turn into a clown show where all rights of the 49% are revoked if 51% of the population 'feel' a certain way.

A Constitutional Republic has established separation of power and enumerated rights which cannot be infringed upon. It has elected representation who are bound to operate under the guidelines of their oath of office, and it protects the rights of the minority against the tyranny of the majority.

Nevertheless, Leftists talk about "democracy" like their version is a given fact. No wonder. Leftists hate the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the concept of Natural Rights, the separation of powers which hinder their efforts at totalitarian control, and anyone who opposes them. They hate the "old white men" who founded our country and the people who still appreciate those ideals. And they hate guns and gun owners who they feel might try to stand up to them at some point. So they push for a long term marx-leninist goal (and not even secretly anymore) by short term rabble rousing, propagating hatred and division, and promising free stuff. They bus morons to the polls, give a vote for every felon, every illegal alien, their pet, and a few extra votes for each one of their split personalities. Just get to that 51% and they'll ignore the constitution and operate as if they have a mandate to overthrow it all. And once there, you'll never get them out. They have already turned many states into clown shows.

You may be hoping that my final statement has a resolution to this problem after that tipping point is reached. I don't. Input and suggestions are welcome.

best answer ever

Enforcement/punishment of "gun crimes" is pathetically low. I had hoped for some follow up on the administrations threats to send agents into heavy crime zones. Mostly because enforcing those laws would be a real education for a public generally ignorant of what's on the books.

Relocation is more difficult for some than others, and a shame any of us has to think of it to secure our rights for a little longer.

Strange these liberal states are bleeding tax payers, and don't consider the ramifications.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.