Washington State High Buck Hunt 2010

jmden,

Good job and nice shooting. I personally like the mass and width on your buck. The hunt as a whole makes it one nice trouphy buck !

Bigbuck

Congrats on the success. You earned this one! Good write-up and thanks for sharing your hunt with us.

Always seems like they will roll down hill as far as they can. I am still waiting to kill one where gravity works uphill the same as downhill. Those steep slopes do get treacherous when wet.

Yes...I watched him tumble and the further he went, the more my knees started aching...:D:D:rolleyes:

Jon,

You certainly earned that shot. It takes a dedicated soul to put the time in to find a spot like that. Not to mention the effort.

My dream is to fly into the Frank Church Wilderness Area in Idaho and be left there for a week or so. My days of the "high country" hiking are a bit in the past.

Great story and pics. Great rifle and great shooting.

Again, you certainly earned it.

That is a nice buck for sure. I was up there with a buddy and we heard one shot, now i know who the lucky guy was!!! Ya guys that area is some very steep hard hunting. Well done Jon

That is a nice buck for sure. I was up there with a buddy and we heard one shot, now i know who the lucky guy was!!! Ya guys that area is some very steep hard hunting. Well done Jon

I only heard one shot as well! :D Was a bit surprised at that on such a nice opening morning.

Don't give away my spot!! :D:rolleyes: I'll be up there next year on opening morning!

Are you local to that area? PM me if you'd like. Jon

Edit: What became of that fire? Any idea of the location?

Last edited:
Thanks, Roy. Hope you get to pull the trigger some this fall. Jon

Jon,

You certainly earned that shot. It takes a dedicated soul to put the time in to find a spot like that. Not to mention the effort.

My dream is to fly into the Frank Church Wilderness Area in Idaho and be left there for a week or so. My days of the "high country" hiking are a bit in the past.

Great story and pics. Great rifle and great shooting.

Again, you certainly earned it.

wow man your a lucky guy to be able to hunt that place. ive wanted to do that hunt for 5 years now but the navy has me stuck in san diego. used to work at kesselrings and im moving back to bellingham in january. not looking to steal your spot but wondering if there are some guys i could hunt with when i get home. even just coyote or anything. also im 28 and looking for some guys that can show me the ropes in the LR deal. having a 280ai going to be built by benchmark. wouldnt mind some pointers.

wow man your a lucky guy to be able to hunt that place. ive wanted to do that hunt for 5 years now but the navy has me stuck in san diego. used to work at kesselrings and im moving back to bellingham in january. not looking to steal your spot but wondering if there are some guys i could hunt with when i get home. even just coyote or anything. also im 28 and looking for some guys that can show me the ropes in the LR deal. having a 280ai going to be built by benchmark. wouldnt mind some pointers.

You can hit me up if you want to go shooting when you get in town. I'm new to this site but you can also find me on the snipers hide aswell. I'm close to b ham and can get you in with a few locals if you want to do some LR shooting. If the weather permits and jury duty allows I will be up in the pasayten/ chewick area for my hunt this year and the high hunt for next year.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.