Washington State dept. of Fish and Wildlife rules change

ss7mm

I was initially going to put this in the humor section but given the way the WDFW has done things in the past few years I'm not sure it it's humor or something that may become a reality in the very near future. Of course, if they implemented catch and release they would have to raise the price of licenses and tags to be consistent with their past decisions. :rolleyes:

IMAG0270-1.jpg

Sometimes I think toddlers would be an improvement. This poor old state can't even get the new rules for the new season out before other states have the rules out and have already conducted the special permit drawings. It's like they sit on their butts doing nothing while other states get with the program and do what they should be doing for the hunters and sportsmen.

I live a while in eastern Wa and man it was horrible, I went through the whole hunters safety with the grade school kids and finally got set up to go out. The first day out I was set up in a nice spot and when light was up it looked like the Dukes of Hazard all around me, I did not have enough orange on, they don't make enough orange to have made me feel comfortable. Only saw one legal buck and didn't have the heart to shoot the poor fella, he was about to expire from running from guys in trucks. Decided it was better to move back to MT and live poor!

I was also in the last class of certified trappers in Wa state, trapping was good for about 2 months before the west side jammed there head up there collective rear ends! Unfortunately a lot of that is creeping over the mountains :rolleyes:

Bigngreen,

Where did you live here in eastern, Wa I live south of ritzville and you are completely correct it is getting just plain scary around here and it has only happened in the 15-20 years. When I was growing up in the odessa area you could hunt all day and never see anyone else in orange. But that has all changed now if I could pull it off I would forsure move to montana in a heartbeat in fact a couple of years ago I almost bought a butchershop over there. But I just couldnt move myself that far away from my kids.

Bigngreen,

Where did you live here in eastern, Wa I live south of ritzville and you are completely correct it is getting just plain scary around here and it has only happened in the 15-20 years. When I was growing up in the odessa area you could hunt all day and never see anyone else in orange. But that has all changed now if I could pull it off I would forsure move to montana in a heartbeat in fact a couple of years ago I almost bought a butchershop over there. But I just couldnt move myself that far away from my kids.

I worked out of Ritzville but lived east of Lind. I worked all over that area, if your family runs anything John Deere I probably know ya! Also worked for a while running tractor south of Connell near the Juniper Dunes area, there are some tremendous deer in there if you can get to them!!

I will say most of the FWP guys I dealt with in the trapping and hound hunting areas were really good guys and were totally frustrated with the political wildlife management they were forced to engage in, all their recommendations are round filed up the chain, wildlife management by vote is a dead end for hunter and wildlife alike.

Yup I am pretty sure we know each other, in fact if you are who I think you are you only lived maybe 4-5 miles west of me from ralston. And you worked on our 9750 a few times. How have you been?

Its a small world, JRW

I live a while in eastern Wa and man it was horrible, I went through the whole hunters safety with the grade school kids and finally got set up to go out. The first day out I was set up in a nice spot and when light was up it looked like the Dukes of Hazard all around me, I did not have enough orange on, they don't make enough orange to have made me feel comfortable. Only saw one legal buck and didn't have the heart to shoot the poor fella, he was about to expire from running from guys in trucks. Decided it was better to move back to MT and live poor.
The west side is really bad. I wouldn't even think about hunting over there. At least on the east side you can find a spot where you can turn 360 degrees and not bump elbows with anybody. :)

Yes SS7MM you are correct although to get that clear view you have to have a few farmers in your back pocket because the BLM is jam packed unless you are an arrow slinger. Im always to busy to make it back into the mountains during the fall so I just do what I can do and hope for the best.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.