Warning about online sites selling components, buyer beware!!

Alibiiv

I've been searching/surfing the various web suppliers for some .357 magnum brass for the past two or three months without any success. This pretty much is what we've all been getting, up until this afternoon when I went on a very reputable site and found some new, Starline, .357 magnum brass for $108 plus shipping for 500 pieces, and....it was in stock!! Well.....I thought that this was too good to be true, checked the company out, they "were" a reputable company, been around for a while, so I opened an account and placed the order. I then later received a confirmation email:

"Your order has been received. Thank you for your payment.

DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF ORDERS, IT MAY TAKE UP TO 14 TO 16 WEEKS FOR YOUR ORDER TO BE SHIPPED.

You will receive an email when all of your order is complete.

Your order details are as follows."

I cannot believe the 14-16 week shipping times, and...this company finds this acceptable??? At this point I am asking should I cancel the order, or leave it to see if they in fact fill the order at the price they advertised. I've have also found sites on Ammo Seek that have said they have components in stock, go their web site and before you can order they get all of your contact information. Once the contact information gathered and you try to order the components, they were in stock when you were searching their web page, however they were back ordered once you have opened an account. I am sure others have found this to be true also. Thought that I would share this information with other reloaders in hopes to prevent others from getting ripped off. This isn't reloading stuff, however another ripoff. In September I ordered a custom made, crossdraw holster for a Glock 20. It was advertised 9-12 week waiting period. I place the order online, my credit card was charged the next day for the amount of the holster; like $160. The site advertised that once the holster was in production I would receive updates on the holster's progress. On December 24 I received an email with a USPS tracking number for the holster being shipped. The shipping information stated that the "shipping label" had been made and that the USPS facility was awaiting arrival. At the end of January this was all the tracking information provided. I contacted the company and kept getting the run around, so I told the company to cancel the order. Well now they want to charge me a 25% restocking fee for the holster that I never got or got lost in the mail. Just curious if others have any experiences such as this/these??

I done it also. Checked closely said in stock ship in 5-10 business days. Afterwards received email 2-5 months. I knew better I had read issues of this but it showed in stock so I tried. But if they send order in that time it make take that long to find thing on shelves anyways. Good luck

Grafs pulled that on me. Order instock item. Then get email saying 16-18 days to ship. Hopefully once you order that your order is pulled off the shelf so it can be shipped in my 16-18 wait. I've been tempted to order backups from another place just incase when my 16-18 days comes they are out of stock on what I ordered

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.