Warne rings and bases

I have them on my VZ24 in 338 WM. I love them. I use the permanent version, not the QD. They're a weaver-style base, but the ring is built more like a Talley. Rock solid, tank tough construction - good match for that rifle. They're a little beefy for a walking varminter, and don't have a MOA base available so limited applicability for LR hunting. I typically use my 338WM for <400 yds anyway, so no big deal for me.

Hope this helps,
Brian

I once purchased a Warne 1 piece picatinny rail for my 700LA and sent it back. I felt that they countersunk the the mounting screw holes way too deep. There wasn't much material left(it was literally paper thin) to hold the base down. I eventually went with Seekins Precision rings and base. You might look at TPS rings and bases if money is a factor.

i use warne per. rings and MGM bases. both are steel. tank strong. i would not use aluminum or alum/steel combo

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.