Warne Maxima Horizontal Rings

James K.

After a very long search, I just ordered a Leupold VX6-HD 3-18X44 CDS ZL2 with a TMOA reticle......(very excited)
I have a Warne Mountain Tech 20 MOA Pic Rail (aluminum) & Warne Maxima Horizontal 30mm rings, (steel), i thought it odd to mix the two but was assured it would work just fine.....(weight aside)
I checked the rail against the Bergara Premier Pro Ridgeback .300 Win Mag's receiver & it does not look like the rail needs to be bedded since there are zero gaps anywhere & the fit seems very good & the top of the rail is perfectly flat.

I think i can handle mounting the Pic Rail, however on installing the rings i am more concerned.
Warne's web site says these rings require NO lapping.....my question is , Is this hype are or they that good?

I have no alignment bars (or lapping equipment) to check & do not want to damage a brand new very expensive optic.
Does anyone have any experience with these rings or should i just pay $50.00 to get them installed at a lgs & hope they know what they are doing.
I don't want them just slapped on, i could do that myself with my own fat wrench & youtube.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

James K.

here is a pic.

Attachments

• Warne.jpg
    Warne.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 17

morgaj1

LRH Team Member
I would spend the money on a Wheeler Fat Wrench and do it yourself. You will know that it is done right. Plenty of YouTube videos to help you.

James K.

I have one of those already.....maybe all i need are a couple levels....yes there are a lot of you tube videos...& i got you guys here, lol....Thanks so much.....Scope should be arriving this week sometime, ill be sure to let you guys know how it goes. thanks again. :)

James K.

The scope finally came in......It is fantastic.....one question though, the Leupold instructions say to install the scope on the rings with 28inch lbs & the instructions on the Warne package says to torque the rings to 18inch lbs. which one is correct. these are the steel horizontal rings.

Attachments

• Leup.box.jpg
    Leup.box.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 8
  • TMOA.jpg
    TMOA.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Illuminated.jpg
    Illuminated.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 9

James K.

That's just what Leupold Customer Service said...….so i went with the 18"lb in the Maxima instructions.

Next step Bore sight & sight in. will find out if i got the proper eye relief at first range trip......

Attachments

• Installed.jpg
    Installed.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 22
  • installed.ii.jpg
    installed.ii.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 23