• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

BUYER: Wanted: 416 REM Mag

LOL. Yeah we have spotted a few triceratops on my property. Thinking this may keep me from going to the 50 BMG.

But practically I'm getting this for bear, should be good medicine for a 600+ pounder.

I've had two Win Mod 70 Safari Express rifles in 416 Rem. (Sold the first and missed it so bad I bought another one). Everything about them is great, IMO, especially for the price. Fit, finish, trigger, accuracy, etc. Controlled feed makes them a true dangerous game rifle. I've got some pricey custom rifles, but for a dangerous game bolt action, I don't think I could build a better one, just a more expensive one. Mine is going to be making a bear trip loaded with 350gr Swift A-Frames.

LOL. Yeah we have spotted a few triceratops on my property. Thinking this may keep me from going to the 50 BMG.

But practically I'm getting this for bear, should be good medicine for a 600+ pounder.
WOW! Definitely good for anything that walks this planet. Where are you planning on going for B-BEAR? Guided trip or self-hunt? Always interested in the current guided price for Browns. Would love for a Spot & Stock trip. I had a hunt in NF for Moose & Bear. The Owner of the Guide service didn't show up until two days after the hunt started. (He had the Bear Tag) . We had the Moose tags so went hunting.

Myself and my guide ended up stocking a 500+ Black. It was so fat gobbling up everything before hibernation, it's belly was on the ground when walking. Had the bear in my scope 200yrds in prone with my 325WSM 220 Nosler Part. Had my guide call back to camp the see it the Tag arrived yet, but the owner was still on his way. Could not shoot!
Got back to the camp that evening and the owner finally showed up with the tag. Never saw another bear. I was PIS**ED.
Let a Young bull moose pass and we only ended up coming home with two Cows. Always make sure you get GREAT references on you guide service.

Another thing. If you do show up for the hunt and the guides say "OH You guys should have been here last week, we got some great trophies" Plan on going home empty.
Good luck on getting the 416 and have a GREAT Bear hunt!
Len & Jill

I am fortunate to have been born and raised in the heart of giant black bear country in eastern NC. I own property near Mattamuskeet Lake, that area is mostly federal wildlife refuge pockmarked with private property (read farmland/ impoundments). My property is almost completely surrounded by refugee. Thousands of acres of it. Bear here don't normally do what you would call hibernate and they have tons of food so they eat non stop and grow really big. We really don't start paying much attention to them until they get above 500, that is unless they are stealing the dead deer from the back of your truck. ( This has happened several times)