• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Want to Buy Larry Willis Die

I posted this in the other open thread that you have, but I'll repeat it here, in case your checking this one.

Last time I spoke to those guys, a few months back maybe, they said that they had literally over a thousand in stock.

Have you checked directly with them?

I dont think the die is particular to a specific caliber. It will fit all magnum cartridges with a belt.
You are correct!
I posted this in the other open thread that you have, but I'll repeat it here, in case your checking this one.

Last time I spoke to those guys, a few months back maybe, they said that they had literally over a thousand in stock.

Have you checked directly with them?
Yes, they are in stock. I am glad I purchased mine a few years ago. Price (as expected) had gone up significantly.

I guess not every belted magnum needs one because I've been reloading a 264 WM for over 35 years, two 7mm mag, a 7mm STW, and a few years back I picked up a hells canyon LR in 300WM. Back in the 80's I would set my Std RCBS FL die to just size half the neck which should have made the bulge problem worse Old timers at the range told me about it helping accuracy. Except my Ruger#1 7mag which had a tight chamber and relied on finger pressure to chamber the round far enough forward to close the action. I adjusted my die down a little at I time until I could easily push the brass into the chamber. I never had an issue with the bulge, chambering, or worse yet; case head separation above the belt. Granted I don't target shoot with them beyond load development and to check zero before hunting. As I recall, I only threw brass away for neck split and loose primer pockets. I bought a Redding neck sizer for the STW it was hardest on brass splitting. Possibly because I was using reforming 8mm mag brass without turning necks. Brass life got much better since I started flame annealing 10-yrs ago. I'd buy the collet die if I needed it, but knock on wood…

I dont think the die is particular to a specific caliber. It will fit all magnum cartridges with a belt.
Yes, any magnum case based on the H&H belted case will fit. The belted case for the 378 338/378 and 30/378 Weatherby will not. The Willis is a good tool to have.

where can I find a sizing die for the belted 300 win magnum
The same die. The Willis fits all the belted mags except the higher volume Weatherby. Go to the Innovative Technologies website for a list of all the cartridges his die fits. It's a long list, but they're all derivitIves of the H&H belted case.

Ok. So back to my original post...

Does anyone have this for that they are willing to part with? I'm not rich enough to pay $120. So if anyone wants to donate to a starving reloader, non illegal immigrant, average All American (AA) retired vet, or sell at a reasonable price please contact me.

Carry on with the thread no, good stuff.
Doc

Recent Posts