Want opinions on Cerakote For a new build

bowkill02

Hey guys i have a rifle being built for me as we speak. the rifle is going to be put into a sendero stock that I got from a take off, it is the older sendero style stock. Its dark with the grey webbing through it. I am going to have the rifle cerakoted when finished and can't decide what shade of gray to go with. I have it narrowed down to Sniper gray and Gunmetal gray. I am worried that the Sniper grey might be to dark against the sendero stock. Does anyone have a combo similar to the the one im describing. Any suggestions on color combos i'm missing. Any suggestions are welcome.

Hey guys i have a rifle being built for me as we speak. the rifle is going to be put into a sendero stock that I got from a take off, it is the older sendero style stock. Its dark with the grey webbing through it. I am going to have the rifle cerakoted when finished and can't decide what shade of gray to go with. I have it narrowed down to Sniper gray and Gunmetal gray. I am worried that the Sniper grey might be to dark against the sendero stock. Does anyone have a combo similar to the the one im describing. Any suggestions on color combos i'm missing. Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm not a fan of greys and like more earth tones and camo patterns. I always like FDE and coyote tan, or OD Green and coyote tan.
tXy9pTL-jHy0oFnxY4HIAZEIapeSSFmE87IjUoLCDw=w275-h181-p-no

TwgGHt6Bn0FeSkZDbUbEV8_Zzsq2J4rwImjVVWd4m5U=s197-p-no

5StdGjS-FBhVkVCKMHCrbMoB92GcuDlOruFHqolh018=s185-p-no

GWjIXTPsRFwcVL8She667wZD5Se9D7gWwMaxgFO77I8=w276-h207-p-no

I had my rifle done in Tactical Grey. Red Creek Tactical did the application and it came out great. I asked them to make it as flat / no-shine as possible and that is exactly how it came out. This is a 'true grey', where some are a blueish grey. Mine is sitting in an H.S. Precision olive / black web stock and I like it. You can email NIC industries and request free sample swatches.

Good Luck with the new build.

02, have a satin black color on my .270 Wby which had a gray with black web stock. Looked nice according to friends. I sold the stock and ordered a black with red web which I like better. Now some say it's too much black, but the color doesn't help the groups anyway. Of your two choices my old eyes like the sniper gray. Perhaps the swatches can sway you if you can get them. Most Cerakote applicators have them. Good luck

I ordered the swatches from the Cerakote website as well to help with the color decision. It really helped match up which silver matches which stainless, for example.

Cerakote Coatings: Finishes

Click on a color, then click to order a free swatch. I believe you can order up to 5 colors at a time.

Ok guys i just went to NIC's web page and got several swatches being sent my way. that was a great idea and i feel dumb for not being more observant and noticing that sooner. It took me several months to decide on a caliber for my build and it seems its taking me just as long to choose the metal finish. thanks again

ok well just got all my color swatches in the mail today. Im really glad I chatted with yall because man those colors sure look different in person than they do on the web. thanks men for saving me some disappointment and extra money.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.