Want opinions from 7mm AM, 300 AX and 338 AX owners...

long as they go bang and stuff dies-----------------------------------------------> way over there
if I needed them I'd buy them.
RR

Thanks guys, with this feed back I think I am going to order in a few hundred cases to really test in all three chamberings. My final decision will be based on the following:

1. If the brass will offer good brass life with current standard max load levels for my wildcats. If there has to be a reductiion in load performance, no reason to do it. In the 338 AX anyway, it seems that the Jamison brass will run with the Lapua brass with similiar case life which I want at least 5-6 firings with top end loads. The more the better but in my opinion, this is acceptable.

2. If the Jamison brass will be comparible as far as case volume and case weight consistancy with the Lapua which this limited batch of test brass seems to be very close.

Will this be a money maker, NO, the 338 AM and 375 AM correct headstamped brass is not a money maker either but its something I wanted to offer to my customers. Anyone can have a wildcat made but very few smiths will invest to offer correct headstamped brass to customers. Not a requirement, just a bonus.

In all reality, depending on cost, the 7mm AM would likely be the first to be done because there are the most of those out on the market but the 338 AX is catching up in a hurry and then the 300 AX would likely be third.

Again, thank you for your imput guys. This in no way would mean that you would be required to use this brass as the Lapua would still be perfectly functional in all my wildcats based on that round. This would just offer another option especially for those traveling over seas with these rifles.

Kirby,
Thank you Kirby, I know this isn't a money thing for you but as a future customer I will be buying formed brass from you so I really appreciate the lengths you take to make us all happy and checking into new avenues. On a side note, I can't wait to get my 7am done.

Thanks again
Michael Montoya

Can you buy brass from Lapua with no head stamp, and possibly head stamp them you self? Not sure how econmical it would be.

Any update on the results and if this ever happened. Interested in the 338AX in particular.

Dan

338 Allen Xpress brass is in shop as we speak. In my testing, it handles my standard 338 AX load used in Lapua brass. On average it took 1 grain more powder to match the velocity of my standard load used in these new cases because they have slightly larger case capacity.

Primer pockets are holding tight with my standard load and things look good.

First order was for 2500 brass, I have 1000 left for sale at this time. They are $325+shipping per 100 cases. Sold in 100 ct lots only at this time.

Sorry for the late update on this, just been a zoo in the shop since July 4th!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.