Want budget 338 RUM or 338 Lapua

The more I think about your post the more I would tell you to go with the Mark V action offered earlier. If you shopped around you could have it built and be done in the 12-1500 dollar range. I will tell you I am very partial to the Mark V action its smooth as can be an locks up tight. I would agree on the choice for Lapua I have one not in a Mark V but in a Armalite AR 30 and its a beast. I would say order your barrel (lots of choices here) get your stock, trigger and bottom metal and send it to a reputable smith to have it put together. Basically a full on custom minus action at a way reduced price. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

I've gotten a few messages on this, and just wanted to update the thread--the Mark V I offered earlier is now sold. Thanks!

I recall in the late-60's being at our local sportsman's club with my dad,, a bunch of young whippersnappers carrying those fancy bolt actions where agitating an old fellow about that junky old thurty-thurty, he asked if anyone wanted the second shot at 100 and he'd fire the first with his piece of junk...no one moved away from the bar !!