Walnut Stocked Versa Max

Joel Russo

We'll leave names out of this for now.... But a friend of mine, and member on here, talked me into making him a Walnut stock for his Remington Versa Max. Apparently he couldn't find anyone that was willing to take on the task. I later found out why...
It was a constant reminder of why I don't do shotgun stocks...

Ended up with this..

Attachments

• curt2.jpg
    curt2.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 148
  • curt3.jpg
    curt3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 123
  • curt1.jpg
    curt1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 137
Nothing better looking than beautiful wood on a shotgun.

That is one nice piece of work, thanks for sharing.

I'm not set up to bore the through hole, and the way Remington designed the butt stock/receiver mating became problematic when switching to wood.

No impossible, just took a little ingenuity..

Oh gotcha, well as always beautiful work. Maybe one day I can buy one of your stocks.

I'm not set up to bore the through hole, and the way Remington designed the butt stock/receiver mating became problematic when switching to wood.

No impossible, just took a little ingenuity..

I did one about 10 years ago (the first and last one :)). It was for a friend who was 5'4" tall and left handed. Needless to say he couldn't buy one off the rack. I wound up using an old shopsmith that I set up as a horizontal drill press. Worked great once I got it rigged properly.

Of course mine never looked as good as yours.:rolleyes:

Incredible and beautiful work....again.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.