Walnut Stocked Versa Max

Joel Russo

We'll leave names out of this for now.... But a friend of mine, and member on here, talked me into making him a Walnut stock for his Remington Versa Max. Apparently he couldn't find anyone that was willing to take on the task. I later found out why...
It was a constant reminder of why I don't do shotgun stocks...

Ended up with this..

Attachments

• curt2.jpg
    curt2.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 92
  • curt3.jpg
    curt3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 72
  • curt1.jpg
    curt1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 86

Epee

Nothing better looking than beautiful wood on a shotgun.

That is one nice piece of work, thanks for sharing.

300whisper

LRH Team Member
I'm not set up to bore the through hole, and the way Remington designed the butt stock/receiver mating became problematic when switching to wood.

No impossible, just took a little ingenuity..

Oh gotcha, well as always beautiful work. Maybe one day I can buy one of your stocks.

mountainman56

I'm not set up to bore the through hole, and the way Remington designed the butt stock/receiver mating became problematic when switching to wood.

No impossible, just took a little ingenuity..

I did one about 10 years ago (the first and last one :)). It was for a friend who was 5'4" tall and left handed. Needless to say he couldn't buy one off the rack. I wound up using an old shopsmith that I set up as a horizontal drill press. Worked great once I got it rigged properly.

Of course mine never looked as good as yours.:rolleyes:

Incredible and beautiful work....again.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.