Walleye fishing vacation

winmagman

Took a summer vacation to Ballards Resort on Lake of the Woods in MN, weather wasn't all that great but the fishing made up for it.

Here's my oldest boy with his big fish of the trip, a healthy 23 incher.
DSCN1082cropped.jpg

My wife and the guide with a nice 25.5 incher.
DSCN1058.jpg

Mother and son with a 25 and 23 incher.
DSCN1095.jpg

Me with a 28.25 incher.
DSCN1080cropped.jpg

continued....

And this 8 yr old little fella had the hot hand on this trip. He boated a 26, 27.5, and 29 incher.

Battling the big one.
DSCN1083.jpg

The 27.5 incher.
DSCN1086cropped.jpg

And here he is with the guide and his 29 incher.
DSCN1056.jpg

Chris

Nice pics, looks like you all had fun. I only live a couple hours from there, but don't like to fish. They are great eating though.

Chris nice fish, Your little 8 year old's 3 biggest fish are bigger than any walleye I ever caught in 30+ years of fishing.

Way to show the kids a great time outdoors.

Is one of your boys wearing a cubs hat???
It looks like a great day out on the water! We were hitting them pretty good on the rivers in the fox valley this spring but not that big! Congradulations!

Your little 8 year old's 3 biggest fish are bigger than any walleye I ever caught

I pretty much know how you feel, those three are bigger than all but 1 of mine, I caught a 29.5 incher better than 25 yrs ago when I was 17 or 18 and still had no idea what I was doing.

Is one of your boys wearing a cubs hat???

BIRTH DEFECT, I think he got some bad genes from his granfather on his moms side.:D:D:D

You know, now that I think of it, out of the 6 of us, 5 got the biggest walleye of their lives on this trip.

Chris

Congratulations!!!
Nice fishing trip, I bet being there with the family was an awesome experience.
Nice walleyes also, what were you fishing them with?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.