Wall tent choices?

Spent plenty of time in a wall tent, packing them in, living in em, packing them out off and on for about 40 yrs. My bad on the typo It should have read 5' sidewalls as in previous posts related to this topic. We prefer the 5' due to the fact you have more headroom near the outside walls. We had 4' back in the day, switched to 5' about 15 yrs. ago. Unless you use visquine over the top of your tent, ( which is what we used to do when we had 4' ers ) the snow doesn't go off anyway. Even then with visquine , it doesn't always slide off easily. Through trial and error we found out that it is money well spent to buy the rain fly. I fashioned a drag rake out of a stainless steel dishwasher panel from a dishwasher that died on me. It is about 14" wide x 24" long and has a 2" hole drilled thru it. You can fashion a handle for it in about 30 min at camp out of a skinned sapling, treetop or whatnot. Took a belt sander and dremel to round and smooth all corners and sharp edges. It will fit in a pannier if need be, however we had some custom made aluminum panniers w/lids that we would put alfalfa pellets or food in that we could hoist up in the trees to keep away from the bears and it would slide right in there. Again, sorry for the typo, however your response was a little over the top. Usually when someone responds in the manner that you did it tells me that you think you have it all figured out and know everything there is to know or then there is the wannabe's.

I am not sure if this is the proper forum for this but I didn't see another section that fit. The group of fellas is looking at purchasing a good wall tent for everything from spring turkey hunts to late rifle hunts. It will likely be 4-6 good size boys and gear. We will have a stove in it plus our bags so we are thinking something along the 18x23 Montana Canvas 12oz or 18x24 Bravo SuperGrade, likely we will have a cool shack attached. So my questions are what are the pros and cons of each manufacturer? I noticed Bravo has the side exhaust, any significant reason for that? This will be our first wall tent so feel free to provide any guidance or suggestions. Davis Tent comes up in discussion a lot but they seem to be lesser price and can't seem to find out why, we were assuming they were not has strong as the aforementioned brands.
I have hunted for years with family and friends in a heavy canvas wall tent and it has worked fine. My biggest issue was setting thing up, you need four people or at least three to get the tent set up. I am now looking at a Ice fishing huts after seeing a four men that was insulated with a stove pipe flap, windows and air vents and take one man about 10 minutes to set up.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.