Wall Tent Camping - Luxury items?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by DoubleGobble00, Aug 24, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Dean2

Dean2 Well-Known Member

The need to use profanity is a clear sign of a poor vocabulary and an inability to articulately express ones self. It can also often be a need to sound rough and tough. Some of the toughest men I have ever known never swore no matter what happened. That sure didn't make them shrinking violets that needed anyone to protect them, nor were they guys I was afraid to have covering my back. Just the opposite in fact.

I see no upside to allowing or tolerating profanity on a public forum that I quite happily let young children read and enjoy. Not ALL customers are of the same value, in business I have told a fair number of customers to go elsewhere. Their personality, business practices or in some cases lack of honesty didn't align with my way of doing business. I never really missed the business and tremendously enjoyed the people I did deal with.

kpacker, lgordee and Lynn Coleman like this.
  2. 7magcreedmoor

7magcreedmoor Well-Known Member

I grew up on the farm, and did that line of work into my mid twenties. Then I became a truck driver and hauled freight for 15 years. Now I train truck drivers, including administering CDL tests- the customer is definitely NOT always right. Most of my friends are either cops, firefighters, EMTs, or servicemen. These folks (men and women) tend to have a rather rough and ready vocabulary, and a sense of humor that can make you lose your lunch if they want to push it. I personally know all the words that aren't supposed to be broadcast over the airwaves, and can use them in colorful sentences. Having said all that, I find it refreshing to have a forum where there is a little class and decorum established as the framework for our discussions. In other words, there ain't nothin' wrong with rule number four.

3. Lynn Coleman

Lynn Coleman Member LRH Team Member

In my opinion, one has to keep a tight rein to keep “it” from getting out of hand. Spent my career working in the Oilfield where sailers would be embarrassed by the language, However once I entered the corporate side, different audience! Just saying! Keep it clean

4. TJAY

TJAY Well-Known Member

Photo did not upload

5. Rick Richard

Rick Richard Well-Known Member

That's what happens in that we let the 'softer' side of vulgarity slide by and before you know it it gets out of hand. Then, the long arm of the law shows up and cracks down and we can't understand what happened. So, let us all abide by the rules, keep it clean, respectful and we will continue to have a great forum.

6. Elkeater

Elkeater Well-Known Member

So as stated before.

1. Good whiskey
    2. Bucket toilet
    3. Good foam pad
    4. Tables for food
    5. Lanterns

And last but not least a broom. I always forget mine and I always need one.

7. jboots

jboots Member

Bill, Wow, you're hired! Some great tips as always. Storage and organization is always important. We've started using these mesh organizers. Hang wet clothes on a line or rope and they end up on the floor. Put them in the mesh deal and they stay put. Also you can see what's in there easily

Boots

Attached Files:

Bill Cauley Jr likes this.
  8. WY02K

WY02K Active Member

I don't get it... You guys just go in the bucket? Then uou take the bucket with you? Or does it go over a hole and then you bury it? I'm lost...

9. RockyMtnMT

RockyMtnMT Official LRH Sponsor

I have a chair with a toilet seat that we put over a hole.

Bill Cauley Jr and tmfisher57 like this.
  10. billcaldwell

billcaldwell Member

We also have other refinements. We have a Honda 2200 generator, a flat screen tv, and a Verizon "Tail Gater", an automatic satellite antenna and receiver. We can watch Boise State games and the World Series and Fox News during deer and elk season.

We also have a Bivouac Buddy shower in its own room attached to the Lodge Tent.

And we got of bunch of hooks from Montana Canvas that work much better than coat hangers. We use them in all the tents.

We have a Ladie's room, and a Men's room.

I can cook a fancy meal for 15 people in camp, easier than I can at home. When camp is set up, we refer to the trailer as "Costco".

It takes a day to put up, then a little more time to tighten everything up. And a day to take it all down. Then about a month to make sure everything is cleaned and repacked, and the tents are put away DRY.

11. billcaldwell

billcaldwell Member

If any of you guys are interested in wall tents, contact Curt Heinert at Montana Canvas.

https://montanacanvas.com/

I recommend having a tent made with 12 oz. canvas, get the seperate floor and rain fly, and a set of his best tent poles. Also you can get a 12 foot "cook shack" and poles and rainfly for that too. Our cook shack is made of Realite, a synthetic material.

tmfisher57 likes this.
  12. couesaddict

couesaddict Well-Known Member

I usually take the normal propane cook stove and wood camp stove like most but one thing I've found to be really handy is a little propane heater I set up within reach of my bedroll. My camp stove doesn't keep the tent warm till morning even stoked full so it really helps motivating me to get out of my nice warm bedroll if I fire the heater up about five minutes before to take the edge off. Keeps me from being tempted to sleep in and waste precious time behind the glass.

Lynn Coleman and WeiserBucks like this.
  13. WeiserBucks

WeiserBucks Well-Known Member

Is this a hunting camp or a partying get away from the wives camp ?

wv270wsm and Frenchie1 like this.
  14. carl1775

carl1775 Well-Known Member

Yes