Wall Tent Camping - Luxury items?

For many years we used wall tents on our northern hunts where we stayed for three weeks or better. Old carpets on the floor, extra tarp over the tent, "large" wood stove so it will burn for hours, propane burners and light, which we put on a propane post, and a powerful propane heater which we flip on in the morning to heat the tent so we can get up without shivering, (the guy with the weakest bladder lights it). Quality large cots with three inch foam pads and big sleeping bags are a must. A solid table for all your food preparation and a good wash up station for face, hands and dishes keeps everyone healthy, and lots of "S" hooks to put over the internal frame of your tent to hang things from. If you are using the external type of frame that's called roughing it. Also, take a small chainsaw to cut wood with. Trying to keep up with a stove in cold weather is tough enough. And I don't like generators either but I take one to run a freezer in case it gets warm enough to spoil the meat - but even then we just run it for a few hours in the middle of the day.

Bear spray.
Mustn't be bears in that area as you should not have food especially cook food in your tent where you were sleeping I see by the picture they are doing that so their must not be bears in the area

... but I've been known to sneak into camps and turn fuel Petcocks (for the older/cheaper noisy ones) off just to have them die out after I've had time to create space.
I hear you. That's why we spent the extra money on the super quite one, and only run it in the evening and shut it off for the night.
But turning off someone's fuel in a generator isn't a good idea. A few years ago we went hunting and we had another group set up there tent 10 feet away from ours (we didn't mind it, only level ground onsite). They ran a gender the whole night. My good buddy, couldn't stand the noise, went over during the night and shut the fuel off. 2 nights later we found out that one of the guys from that group had a medical condition and ended power to run his medical device. The guy didn't even hunt (no tag) he came up to hang with his brother who was in the Air Force, and this was the only time they could spend together before the brother was going on deployment.
Not that good of an idea to shut someone's power off.
My buddy fealt like manure after learning about this guys condition.

This year we plan to test our long range shooting skills in Wyoming. This will be our first year in a wall tent. What luxury items do you bring to make your camping experience the best? I have a list of the normal items (cot, stove, chairs, etc) but looking for items that really make a big difference in comfort and stay. What ya got?

Bring 1) Thick Prime Rib Steaks !!!
2) favourite cigars (eg. Backwoods)
3) favourite bourbon for after dinner
4) small micky of fireball to warm up
5) knee pads or 3-leg stool if blinding

I hear you. That's why we spent the extra money on the super quite one, and only run it in the evening and shut it off for the night.
But turning off someone's fuel in a generator isn't a good idea. A few years ago we went hunting and we had another group set up there tent 10 feet away from ours (we didn't mind it, only level ground onsite). They ran a gender the whole night. My good buddy, couldn't stand the noise, went over during the night and shut the fuel off. 2 nights later we found out that one of the guys from that group had a medical condition and ended power to run his medical device. The guy didn't even hunt (no tag) he came up to hang with his brother who was in the Air Force, and this was the only time they could spend together before the brother was going on deployment.
Ugh, not attacking you personally (especially since you have one of the quiet ones), but nothing *Rule 4 Violation*es me off more than someone pulling in and setting up camp with a generator. Unless it's quieter than a nearby stream, it makes my skin crawl to hear that incessant noise while we are trying to enjoy the quiet of the great outdoors.

Maybe I'm overly sensitive or my hearing is too acute, or I'm just a horrible sleeper.... but I've been known to sneak into camps and turn fuel Petcocks (for the older/cheaper noisy ones) off just to have them die out after I've had time to create space.

I get it, it's public land and everyone is entitled to do pretty much whatever they want, but I don't want to listen to "the game" being blasted on fancy satellite surround sound systems, or blaring music.... I could have done that at home in my garage.

Then again, I suppose it's all for the better. Most of those guys drink the night away and wake up around mid morning wondering where they might find a 200" deer. I wake up at 04:00, Dirtbiker warming up at 4:45 and we are hiking by 06:00..... not a sole in sight at daylight. Maybe I'll let those generators do their thing.... carry on.

Any large warm blooded mammal that wanders into my hunting campsite in the middle of night - risks being shot in the head !!!

Depending on where you hunt, a solar charged electric fence does wonders to keep bears and two legged vermin out of your camp. With Fiberglass poles for reduced voltage loss, a double strand of wire and a good battery they will run for months on the solar charger.

Our wood burning stove is pretty much our gear item. We're used to taking sponge baths with a large pot of hot water. The items I've seen here that I like, are the speaker as a little music is nice, the great food items and other goodies, a guitar, and maybe a camp chef, preferably an attractive redheaded female.

I gotta say, I strive to be as far as I can, from anyone with a generator. Solar panels work great if you need more power.

L
Noted, and lesson learned. I only did it once, years and years ago when I was younger and much dumber. Since, I've become more "tolerant", I still don't like generators, but I live with and grumble to myself (usually).

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.