Walk in cooler thermostat options?

Well, I just got moved into my new place, and I'm converting one of my outbuildings to a walk in cooler and meat cutting area. I am looking at using the Coolbot thermostat to control the AC unit. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this unit of if anyone has used any other means of controlling a window AC unit to cool a walk in cooler? I need something that will be reliable as it will be outside of the house and might go a day or two at a time without getting checked on. Thanks, Sam

Yes! Definitely go with the cool bot. I started a small brewery with a couple people about 6 years ago and we used a wall AC unit with a coolbot for our walk-in keg cooler. The cooler was a 10x16, I think, and we had it set at 38 degrees. It held temperature fantastically and we never had any problem with the AC unit. It was still running strong the day I left.

I had an AC unit switched to work as a cooler unit....the guy that did the work was able fo get it to go into teens...i tested it in the cold room i built inside my tool shed....2x6 framing..fibreglass insulation...double sheetrock on interior walls and single on exterior.....solid core door with extra rubber liners around edges.....sealed tite....4x6 room....
Little ac unit could cool it in a few minutes...continuous fan...never froze up.....the guy that bought the house was really happy with the cooler.......so was I.....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.