Wait time after approval

You would be correct. What gripes my *** is that I have approval for 2 and cant get approved for the third at the same time. ATF knows it's there waiting in the wings. I dont understand it! I approve permits to carry everyday its really no big deal. By the way law Enforcement does not get a free pass.

Isn't it great to know those federal bureaucrats are protecting us from a LEO trying to get a third suppressor when they recently approved the first two. I'm sick of this nonsense. We should be able to buy a suppessor with a Nix call.

Dakota Silencer (Silencer Central) was selling smaller caliber end caps with the Banish 30, which knocks off 2 or 3 decibels if you are shooting a .22-250 or similar in a .30-cal can. Now ATF has decided those are "illegal modifications," so DS has had to stop offering them. I suppose they might be able to include them if the application went in saying the extra end-cap(s) were included. Just ridiculous.

Having dealt with this kind of crap regularly for years I can just about guarantee you what happened. Brandon would not have started offering the end-caps without clearing it with ATF. They said "no problem." But then a couple of the competitors whose end-caps cannot be removed except by the factory, already upset at seeing DS taking so much of their business, raised hell with ATF about the extra end-caps being an "illegal modification," causing ATF to change their mind. There may even have been a Senator or Congressman who regularly gets a nice campaign contribution from said competitors calling ATF and complaining.

Anyone got the scoop on wait times now?

My first can took nine months...

I heard in November wait times were running about three months, so I paid off one I had in law-a-way...by the time they manufactured, shipped and my dealer had it...it was almost Christmas 2019. I called the dealer checking to see if they had received it...of course it just walked through the door...yeah, right...

Any way they said it going to take 12 month!😡😡

Any one hearing anything on turn around now?

I submitted for mine on 2/7 and got notification that they cashed my check on 3/6. Oh, and they sent me the direct thread bushing for my Can direct from SilencerShop. I screwed it on and imagined what my Rifle would look like with the Harvester on it. I may print out a picture and use a black Sharpie and draw a Can on it. But then again, I'm trying to forget about it and that won't help, will it?

Mine was a trust.
Form 3: Disposed to Dealer On 5/30/2019
Form 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 5/15/2019
Took possession today 3/31/2020 when the letter arrived in the mail.

idcwby

Mine was a trust.
Form 3: Disposed to Dealer On 5/30/2019
Form 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 5/15/2019
Took possession today 3/31/2020 when the letter arrived in the mail.

idcwby
Congratulations! I don't plan on seeing mine this year. Especially with what's going on. At least we can be happy for those who have finally gotten their Cans!

Congratulations! I don't plan on seeing mine this year. Especially with what's going on. At least we can be happy for those who have finally gotten their Cans!
Has anyone called to see with everything going on that times are going to be effected?

idcwby

Has anyone called to see with everything going on that times are going to be effected?

idcwby
Well, just a look at the Silencer Shop website seems to indicate that non-trust wait times are averaging around 210-220 days. That's with data as of 3/31/20 so maybe things aren't as affected as I had thought. In a best case, maybe I can expect mine by mid-Sept. one can only hope!

Well, just a look at the Silencer Shop website seems to indicate that non-trust wait times are averaging around 210-220 days. That's with data as of 3/31/20 so maybe things aren't as affected as I had thought. In a best case, maybe I can expect mine by mid-Sept. one can only hope!
I sure hope your right!

That means I could have mine in time for deer season.

While doable...swapping one can to different rifles is a pain! Plus when the wife and I hunt together we still have to carry ear muffs or only carry one rifle...be nice to have a can on both!

Thanks for the update!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.