wading boots!

Trickymissfit

as many of us are aware there are new regulations about the use of felt soled boots in many states with the numbers on the increase constantly. I'm looking at Korkers with the "boa lace system", and the similar ones from LL Bean. What are you guys using these days?
gary

I got the Korker Chrome this year and so did my son. So far we really like them. Just make sure you wash them well if worn in salt water. Here in Alaska I have worn mine hunting and fishing from streams to salt and really like being able to change soles in seconds.:)

Mt brother has those koerkers with the boa lacing, and he really loves them. They are super easy to get into, especially when your boots dry out, or are frozen solid. I'll buy those when my current boots wear out.

Mt brother has those koerkers with the boa lacing, and he really loves them. They are super easy to get into, especially when your boots dry out, or are frozen solid. I'll buy those when my current boots wear out.

I can still use felt here, but think it's only a matter of time. LL Bean also sells a similar boot with the "boa" lacing system for a similar price. But they retain the same soles. One thing I like better about the LL Bean boot is the way the support you ankles. The lace goes around the sides as well as the front. Right now I have three different pairs of wading boots and none make me happy! Two are cheap ones, and one of them uses velcro instead of laces. I like that better as I can retighten them much easier than the laces. The other pair are Danners, and the things weigh a ton when they are wet. Plus they tend to bite into my calves when I walk in them. I did buy a pair of Simms guide boots a few years back, but they were just too danged tight! But otherwise a great boot. Right now it looks like Korkers are going to be under my Christmass tree for me. (along with a new bamboo 3wgt. rod!!). I did hear thru the rumor mill that Korkers is going to do a redesign of their boots this winter, and come out with some of shoes (I saw one of them already and want them)
gary

I really like the cable laces. Just slip in and a couple twists and adjusted just for you. Much easier to re-adjust after wearing them for a while also. When done, just pop the knob out and step out. No more laces to deal with, with cold fingers. So many places are banning felt (and I have two pair of them) I find the rubber sole fine for me, and when I went hunting I slipped on the studded soles. The also make a large stud sole for ice fishing which are pretty nice in the ice. Enjoy yours!:)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.