W/T deer shot placement

If you want a "do all" bullet you can rely on Barnes Tipped TSX bullets to get the job done. Just use the proper weight bullet for game your huntin. Buck Featured in my avatar was harvested with a 250gr TMZ outta my Prohunter. High shoulder DRT.

Sometimes anchors them but does not get the vitals so they will suffer until you get the finisher into them. Depending on the bullet choice can cause a lot of waste in the front shoulders.

Steve
To be clear when I suggest high shoulder I am referring to the bottom of the top one third of the shoulder. Not only does bullet take out both shoulders it also takes out both lungs. Have never had to take a "finishing" shot on the couple hundred deer I have taken with that shot placement...........and have never lost one. Now with that being said if you shoot one through no mans land at top of shoulder under spine you may have an issue......may.

The point is to deliver the best shot, the first time. If you're too lazy to track an animal 100 yds., you shouldn't be hunting wild game. You should just go to the sale barn and drive your chosen quarry to the locker. Problem solved, no tracking. If you're not able to track wild game, then get help. Just my side of ethics in hunting. Always shoot for the highest percentage shot of a lethal impact. That way when you don't deliver your best, the end result is the same, because although not ideal placement off the "miss", it's still a fatal shot.
I was with ya till the start of the second sentence. First sentence just qualified those who believe the high shoulder shot IS the best shot. The rest of the post kinda leads me to believe you haven't tracked that many white tails cause the best blood trails can dissapate BEFORE the deer collapses and you may not find it without a dog..........when the deer is lying where you shot him with a high shoulder shot it makes you SMART not LAZY.

I take all opinions with an open mind and feel there's a need to respond to yours. First view (on target 404 Shot Placement Whitetails-YouTube) by Tim McWhorter and Allan Rovig. Allan has probably killed more whitetail in the last 35 years then you have seen alive! Assuming I'm lazy I'm a self employed cattle rancher of 44 years and probably done more hard manual labor in those 44 years then you will in your lifetime. Enjoy your next beef ribeye I'm the guy who produces them!!
Amen!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.