VXii 6-18 AO, target versus Nikon Monacrch6.5-20 AO Target????

7stw

Guys, as the opener suggests, I actually have both of those scopes, and am about to utilize one of them, but in your opinion, which is the better of the two. The monarch is the older UCC series. The Leupold is the newer VX series, not the Var-X. Opinions please!!! Thanks to all!

I should probably ask what it's going on & what you want to do with it, but....
Between those two I'd take the vx-II. I haven't personally seen a Nikon I'd trade mine for. I've put mine through hell- and I very much appreciate Leupold's warranty & CS. Since its recent trip to oregon for some TLC & a LRV reticle I've been loving it- even managed a cold bore hit on a 2 moa rock at 800 with it on my 270.

I do not have a Nikon Monarch to compare against but I really like my Vari-x Leupold 6x18, with the LRV reticle. I often use the standard turret to dial moa if I need to shoot past 550 yards. I use it on a 25-06 and shoot coyotes in the moonlight all the time. I like it so much that I bought a vz3 6.5x20 30 mm tube 40mm objective with the Varmit reticle hot rod wha-zoo scope for a long range saddle gun that I put together........I like my 6x18 better in low light, I like the 6x18 better period! I also think I like my 2 vari-x 4x12ao's better then a Vari-xIII 4.5x14ao that I have sitting on a shelf.
I have never tried a Night Force scope but I have sold a zeiss and Swarovski scope that I recieved as gifts because, I just did not like them.

I think, I may either have a Leupold fetish, or it might be the fact that the Leupolds have just never failed me, so it might just be full on love!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.