• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED VX3 4.5-14x40LR CDS/TMR and Sightron S1

Rosco1

Leupold part # 115240 . I sent the scope back last fall to have a TMR reticle put in it, I believe that was a $150 upgrade..It is the Long Range 30mm tube with side focus and an MOA CDS is what is on it. More specs here: Leupold VX-3 Long Range Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4.5-14x 40mm Custom Dial

Will ship with box and paper work and buyer will be able to redeem the custom CDS dial if you wish.

Scope is in almost new shape, no scratches or dings on the body or glass. Will ship with butler creek scope caps and the factory neoprene cover.

$700 shipped

I'm having trouble uploading new pics, here are some I have on file of it mounted.

DB2793AB-BCCE-48B8-8409-6CAC034CBCA8-5789-0000043C2A6BA5CE_zps24da09ec.jpg

E35FCA1E-9189-4774-9F66-BB099E3658AB_zpsifzivlai.jpg

I also have a Sightron S1 3-9x40 gloss/duplex. It has some ring marks and some small scratches as seen in the second pic, glass is in great condition however.

$65 shipped, or $750 for both.

322BA28E-4CF1-412E-9134-227EADA172A5_zps6j3qfsd8.jpg

76BD7DF7-7179-43AF-90D1-620A43300A1E_zpstepmusbq.jpg

Where does the new reticle focus, front or second plane. Also out of curiosity what mounts are pictured on your Remington? Can you tell if you what your feelings are about the CDS system as it would be used in hunting situation.

Sorry for the delay guys, it is a second focal plane scope, it is sitting in talley lows in the pictures.

THe CDS is a good option IF you are using leupolds zero stop, that is something you will have to get from them, which I think is free if/when you redeem you "custom" turret. My only problem with the CDS is I prefer to shoot in MOA, and Leupolds zero stop only gives you one revolution/15MOA. I like to shoot further out than that so it wont work for me. If 15 MOA is plenty (and is for most hunting, it will get most magnums to 800 or so yards) then leupolds zero stop works well.

I need to add, that scope has 47MOA of elevation available as it sits in the talleys. You can get lost on a CDS dial if your not paying attention going up that far. There are no rev indicators with the CDS. if I kept it I would send it in and have an M1 or target turret on as those have rev indicators.

I really like the low profile of the CDS, and I think if you plan on using it in conjunction with leupolds custom turret and zero stop they are great.

Also the sightron is SPF