Vx-5hd reticles

I love the windplex but the b&c is good too. Don't choose wrong....
$275 for a reticle swap now! When did Leupold go crazy on that work? Disappointing

I love the windplex but the b&c is good too. Don't choose wrong....
$275 for a reticle swap now! When did Leupold go crazy on that work? Disappointing

I am a dialer but like the windplex too and feel it would be quick and convenient for LR hunting. Considering one on a 338 edge but have concerns if it will hold up ?

I am a dialer but like the windplex too and feel it would be quick and convenient for LR hunting. Considering one on a 338 edge but have concerns if it will hold up ?

I too am hesitant as far as durability but dang if I didnt hold the vx6 zl2 with windplex as the leader for best option on a lightweight rig!

I am running a VX6HD 3-18x50 impact-29 on my braked 8.5 lbs 338 ultra mag shooting 300 grain Bergers. The scope is amazing. Held up great to a lot of shooting.

The illuminated impact-29 has worked great for close up and long range hunting. I will say that when I characterized the turrets and reticle, the reticle starts to fall off the focal plane around 16-18 moa or so. Meaning you get parallax issues if you change your eye position. So the reticle is really only accurate out to maybe 700 or so yards depending on your trajectory. If I had designed the reticle I would have only made it out to 16 moa. So I basically ignore anything past that.

so I lost my "deal" on a vx5hd in b&c and windplex--can now only get the Impact 29 for a deal--- I may step up to the lighted vx6hd--then my 3 options are Illuminated Impact29, B&C, or Varmint hunter

This is probably going on my 7rm for now until i can afford to build/buy something different--with my 162's @ 3050 the heavy post of the VH appears to be between 630-720y (depending on zero range and IF the streelok app is right), the B&C heavy post is between 550-650y, and the Impact 29 lighted reticle portion extends down to 575-675Y

How is the vx6hd in the Varmint Hunter? I kinda like the 10 and 20 mph stand offs---is the reticle too fine for big game?

Any wind plex users out there that feel maybe it's too thick? Had to call Leupold for the subtension dimensions and they informed me it is .3 M0A thick. Compared to my MOAR-T reticle @ .0625" I hope it doesn't look like fence post!

I have the VX-5HD in the firedot reticle. Looked through a bunch of other reticles and for hunting the firedot made the most sense. I have the windplex in my other Leupold scopes and they seem fine in good light, in low light the crosshairs are hard to pickup.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.