• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

VX-5HD or VX-6HD

Copy that, I had that 4-20x52 scope with the TMOA reticle, awesome scope but giant. I was offering my input in line with the OPs 2 choices, the 3-15 vs 3-18 and forgot about the 4-20. Either way you go it's a Leupold and will be a great option on your rifle, I have the VX6HD 3-18x44 on my 6.5 PRC Ridgline. Weighs 7.5 lbs. The CDS turret Leupold cut for me is money to 625 yards, that's as far as I've tested it.
7.5lbs total weight? What rings? Also did you do a 20MOA rail?

What height rings?

Lows
20190423_175529.jpg

Hello all,
I am looking for an optic to put on top of a CA Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC. I am between the VX-5HD and the VX-6HD in 3-15, and 3-18 respectively. The VX-6HD is in the budget, but at the top end. It is always nice to save a little money. I really don't think I need illumination. Does anyone have any thoughts on which way to go? I know the glass is the same in each, and the custom shop said when they open back up they can add a zero stop windage dial to a VX-5Hd. I think this leaves the difference in magnification as the biggest feature that sets them apart.
I have both - you also get the alumina caps with the VX6HD, which I love. And the reticle leveling system is awesome. If you don't care about any of that stuff, then the additional 3 on the top end isn't material IMO. For coyotes and big game I rarely crank it up past 15x when I am taking shots, even at long range. I had my 4-24x52 out on my bear hunt last weekend. I was adjusting my magnification while looking through the scope. I didnt know where it ended up when I pulled the trigger, just knew it looked really good. After all was said and done I ended up on 12x.

My VX5HD is the 3-15x56 on my coyote gun. It has the firedot reticle - for a pure hunting rifle this reticle rocks, especially in low light. I had three of them at one point and they went with different rifles I have sold. Gotta be one of my favorite scopes.

I have the VX6 HD 4x24x52 on my Ridgeline 6.5 PRC. The reason I got it is because how much I liked my older VX6 on my 300 Rum. I like the extras on the newer VX6 HD. Especially the leveling and illumination. Zero stop not s big deal to me. Nice that it came with Illumina caps. I put them on my older one right after I bought.

Hello all,
I am looking for an optic to put on top of a CA Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC. I am between the VX-5HD and the VX-6HD in 3-15, and 3-18 respectively. The VX-6HD is in the budget, but at the top end. It is always nice to save a little money. I really don't think I need illumination. Does anyone have any thoughts on which way to go? I know the glass is the same in each, and the custom shop said when they open back up they can add a zero stop windage dial to a VX-5Hd. I think this leaves the difference in magnification as the biggest feature that sets them apart.
Have you looked at both closely the vx5 is clearer than vx6 in low light and it to the outer edge of glass looking thru them

I have 6 Leica scopes and i think they have the best glass but they are a little pricey but so is any top of the line scopes and i do have one vx6 and its good as well ,its all about you and what you fill comfortable with and the dollars you want to spend if you buy cheap then you end up with cheap

I have the VX5HD, my buddy has the 6. Optically I could not see a difference. If the price Delta between the 2 had been @$200 I would have gone with the 6 for the "nice to haves" leveling reticle and caps. I prefer the firedot so the reticles were equal to me. Other than that, there wasn't enough difference between to 2 to justify the additional $400 at the time. The windage has a cap so wasn't worried about a stop on that.

I have 2 of the 3-15x44 vx5 and 2 of the 3-18x44. There is no difference in the quality of the scope. I like the flip ups and the throw lever on the vx6 and that extra 3x helps to judge the deer in field but that's about it. Either one of those two scopes will
Work very well on a light weight hunting rig.