• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

VX-5HD or VX-6HD

I might be the only person who doesn't use the throw lever on the power ring.
Ive actually never heard of anyone leaving the leveling feature on after mounting. Don't you find it distracting with it flashing if you arent perfectly leveled?

Side note, I can take a 3-15 well past 400. I suppose it depends on your target size and application though.
Ground hogs up to and beyond 1K is easy with the 3-15 VX5. My son and I use it on our 6.5s for that and its awesome. 15X is all the power needed for any ground hog at 1000+. Personal opinions vary but mine is that the VX5 HD 3-15 gets the nod. Mine has a windage knob. Not sure why another wouldn't. No leveling device but I put an add on level bubble on the tube. Plus it's the lightest scope I've ever owned.

I guess different eyes like different optics its about what works for you, we were out hunting yesterday and knocking over wallabies (which are quite small) out to just over 600yards with one shot kills - Swaro Z5 5-25, browning X bolt 243, sonic suppressor, timney trigger set at 1 3/4 lbs, factory hornady 75 grain V max. You could watch the impact point of the projectile through the scope which was awesome to know we were hitting where we shot, haven't been able to do that with any other scope. Came out just on dark and could identify and shoot animals in extremely low light that even the Licea binos struggled with, so for me the Swaro's are outstanding

vx3i 6.5/20/50 cds comes w/a free turent when u get it dialed in shoot 300yrds dial back to 100 still on the money

How noticeable is the extra zoom between the 15 and the 18? Do you think the zoom is worth it?
Honestly i couldnt say. I havent got through the breakin/load development process yet.

They are very similar scopes. Fyi the fov on 3-18x44 vs 3-18x50 is exactly the same. I went with the lower for a better cheek weld and was able to use low rings no problem.

Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 great scope have switched from Leupold and Zeiss to the swaros on all my rifles, cant fault them the 18 power is noticeably better than the 15 on smaller targets and unbelievable in low light
I looked at the Z5 for a while, but with the ballistic stop turret you cant dial out more than one revolution. This is plenty for hunting, but if I want to shoot further at the rage it makes it harder. I loved the glass on the Swaro though probably the best I looked through and the weight was phenomenal.

Yes you are right the amount of elevation you can dial is limited I can only dial to just over 600 on my 243 which is a little annoying but will live with it for the excellent glass, I had heard there was away to remove the stop and still be able to get back to zero OK but havnt checked it out.