VX-5HD Opinions?

I have 3 VX-3i LRP scopes that I have been shooting the last 3 years in PRS matches and they get dialed up and down with no issues. The VX-6HD hunting scope get dialed up during range sessions to confirm DOPE and hand load performance, at least a dozen shooting sessions dialing up and down since I got it 2 years ago and no problems.

Happy with mine. The reticle is not great, Windplex. That's my only complaint tho. I also have the vx6 and glass seems comparable

I have a vx5hd 3-15 and it tracks flawlessly. Always returns to zero and is very clear, for the price point, probably your best value out there.

If I'm not mistaken, the ZL2 gives two revolutions. ZL gives one. I'd assume the ZL3 does 3, but I haven't handled the 4-20 or the 7-35.
This would be correct. 15 MOA per rev, but it stops I think half to 1 MOA or so short of the full Rev. So the vx3 gives 14-14.5 MOA, the VX-5 with ZL2 gives just under 30. I haven't handled a zl3 scope so I can't speak for them. But a vx3 with the zl1, a vx5 with zl2, and a vx6 with the zl2. The zl2 will give you all the adjustment you need for hunting with most long range type chamberings.

That is what I have heard. Hence the post. If anyone knows another lightweight scope in the 16 to 20 oz range please let me know but it's got a track like an ace

Do you have a range you can verify it tracks like an ace? Like I mentioned mine track great and are excellent scopes with noticeably better glass, especially in low light than my Zeiss Conquest V4. You need to verify it tracks well but mine have been fine.

Got the vx5hd 4-20 this year and have put about 500 rounds down range with it dialing from 300-900 yards and not one hiccup yet. Super clear and cant beat the weight savings with leupold

That is what I have heard. Hence the post. If anyone knows another lightweight scope in the 16 to 20 oz range please let me know but it's got a track like an ace
Vortex Razor HD LHT 3x15x42

I have no personal experience with this scope. I have heard good reviews from a friend that owns one. He says it tracks well and has really good glass but he's only owned it for a short time.

Looking at the 3x15x44mm. My concern is tracking. Does anyone have a hands-on experience with this scope?
I have 2… a vx5hd 3-15 on a 6.5-06 AI been using it for 3 years it tracks perfect. And a vx6 3-18 on a tikka 300WSM with very snappy recoil. No problems love them!!! I've dialed both extensively out past 800.

I really don't understand the comment regarding Leupold not being the same as they were 20 years ago. To me they are far superior than 20 years ago. The only difference is there is a significant amount of competition now. The vx5hd is a great scope in the under $1000 category.
I haven't liked Leupolds for 20yrs because of their limited field of view and their snotty customer service. Last 5yrs their customer service is top notch and the VX5HD line is titstastic.