VX-3 6.5-20X50 LRT Revews

Great buy for the money. Has more MOA built into it than the MK4 Tactical and from what I have seen in mine I like the glass a bit better. I have two of those and one of the 8.5X25X50's and a MK4 Tactical and really like them all. I also have the NF 5.5X22X50NXS and for my eyes their every bit as good and maybe a bit better under certain conditions. Knobs work fine although a bit on the tall side.
I did have problems with one of the 6.5X20's and I don't know what happened but when I went to screw off the cap on the top turret it screwed right out of the scope. It's going to have to go back and get repaired but that is not a biggie. I think it was caused by my being a bit heavy handed and shooting while wearing gloves. I'm going to also see if Leupold can install the TM1 reticule and maybe the shorter M1 knobs on it when it goes back. Other than that its a great scope for the money.

very good scope we use several leupolds
Send it back to the custom shop and have a turret on it you willl not regrete it
either the m1 or the cds.
What reticle does it have in it?
retiredcpo

you should be very happy with that
take it out and shoot it to figure out exactly where the reticle hits and work up a drop chart
the only thing we did not like about thoses turrest are the caps
I prefer the m1 turretrs but they both work fine.
we really love our leupolds
retiredcpo

what type of a gun is this going on?
How far are you wanting shoot? If you are wanting to get out to around 1000 yards you will probably need a moa base
the rings/base you have are they the type with the screw in the
back on both sides?(these are junk)
I prefer the weaver style of rings and bases preaty solid
I really like my seekings

I also like the warne rings and bases I have a set on my 300wsm
work real good
pick something that bolts up solid

do you shoot factory or reloads?
best I can guess you will need about 22 moa to get you to 1000 yards so you might make it with out a moa base

If you are setting this up for a long range gun I would go with good rings and bases
for this I prefer seekins but that just me there are plenty others out there.
For that far out I would get a 20 moa base
retiredcpo

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.