vx-111 6.5x20

Bud Martin

I came across a brand new vx111 6.5x20 efr scope today. the price was right but it is marked air rifle on the gold ring on the scope. it appears to be in minutes of angle ond has enough adjustment to work on a prairie dog gun. does anyone know if it will hold up on a 243 or 6mm? it looks like a regular vx111 scope.

as far as I know, the only difference in the EFR... is the extended focal range down to 10 meters for close target air rifle etc

I've used a couple of them on varmint rifles and very satisfied... don't think they're light duty in any way... as a matter of fact, most scopes are not rated for air rifle due to the dual motion recoil factor which tends to destroy some scopes... all Leupolds are rated for air rifle...

you might want to check with Leupold if in doubt...

I had one and had the same question. I contacted leupold and they told me they are actually built for forward recoil also. I was told it would probably stand up better as what was stated by preacherman.

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.