Vv n570?

KDB

Ok, now that this stuff is available in the US, has anyone tried it? I am going to load of the 300rum using 190vlds and 208amaxs. Looking to see how it compares to other well established powders used in overbore mags...

Thanks in advance.

KB

KDB,

Should be an excellent performer in the cartridges you've cited, especially with the heavy weight bullets. This, mind you, is just from conversations with the tech staff from Vihtavuori; I've messed with it just a bit in the 338 LM, but nothing in the 30s. Be curious to hear some feedback once you've tried some, especially in the 300 RUM! We hit some of our highest velocities in that cartridge using N570, but as I said, I wasn't on the trigger for that shooting.

Thanks, and let us know how it runs for you,

Kevin Thomas
Lapua USA

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. I bought 1lb of the stuff today and loaded 25 rounds. I hope to hit the range and do some prelim testing for velocity and accuracy.

I will let you know when I get a chance and relay the pertinent information.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.