vortex vipper for 223

Loud by design

hi allmi have recently picked up a remington 700 sps varmint rifle in 223 rem. i am looking to use this riffle mainly as a practice rifle to get myself acquainted with shooting out to 600 possibly 700 yds. i understand the importance of a quality scope but i also have a limited amount of money to spend on this project. i recently stumbled across this deal and the price didnt look to bad so i did a little research on here and it seemed like most of you liked them.
Vortex - Camera Land NY
now my question is 1 how would this scope do on the 223. i assume it would be adequate but i have never used or held one of these scopes before so i am relying on your opinions. and also if i decided to order one of these for my 338 win mag how do they do in the field. lastly if i could get some recomendations on scope rings and a mounting setup that will work with the remington 700 sps that would be great. again i am working with a small amount of funds to build this rifle so im not looking to put a set of 200 dollar rings on the rifle either. thanks again

I have one on a 22 lr and my buddy has one on a 223. I think they are a great purchase at that sale price. The glass good but gets a little dark at 20X but it is not bad at all. The eye relief is a bit short ~3.3" but that is not a problem on a 223. Overall my buddy and me are both very satisfied with our vipers.

I have one on a 22 lr and my buddy has one on a 223. I think they are a great purchase at that sale price. The glass good but gets a little dark at 20X but it is not bad at all. The eye relief is a bit short ~3.3" but that is not a problem on a 223. Overall my buddy and me are both very satisfied with our vipers.

Working with a 44mm obj is probably why you are seeing this.

Thanks everyone. The old lady is gonna get me one for Christmas, hopefully I'll be able to talk her into letting me take it to the range a little early though. Also does anyone have any suggestions on scope rings and a mount for the Remington 700. I'm still looking for the best bang for the buck here and not looking to spend 150 on rings when the scope is 280 thanks again

I have two vipers one 6.5-20x44 on a remington 700 .280, and a 4-12x40 (1in tube) on a remington 700 7mm-08. I have to say I love these scopes they are clear, great for hunting in the woods and at the range. My only complaint its on the 4-12 the bdc redicle is a bit hard to see the hash marks in certian light other then that NO COMPLAINTS. I have both mounted with Warne perminate attach rings, and yet to have a single problem. From what I have read the VIP warranty lives up to its promis (I cannot vouch for it my self, I have never used it). I would recommend it for either rifle you listed, its a great bang for your bucks... Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.