Vortex Vipers - latest info

sdkidaho

Saw this today over on Sniperhide:

Sam@Vortex: I just wanted to weigh in this thread and say that jrob sent a pretty nice PM to both Scott and myself and we appreciate it.

Regarding the PSTs, we apologize that our customers have had to wait so long. If we had known it was going to take this long we would have waited to announce them. I will say that we have learned from this and will be much more careful about new product announcements in the future and we will be changing our product testing and QC procedures to avoid something like this ever happening again.

Just so everyone knows, we are already planning on replacing any PST that was sent out with a new one, once we have the retooled turrets. I don't want anyone thinking they paid full price for a "beta" scope. If you have a PST right now just shoot the crap out of it and when we get the next ones in give us a call and we'll replace it with a new one.

The bottom line is this, making sure our customers are happy is the most important thing to us, and is one of the reasons why we provide the warranty we do. So, the burden is definitely on us to make sure these are done right and built to last.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't want to give out an ETA. All I can say is that we are working to get them out as soon as possible.

-Sam

No eta but at least they are fixing the problem rather than sending out ones that are jacked up and coming out with a Version 2 that people would have to buy to get rid of the issues.

I spoke with Scott at Liberty optics a few days ago and he said they are looking at the end of August to middle of September for the majority of the orders.

I think if SAM from Vortex is not going to put a time frame on it that any time frame from a deler is pure speculation on the delers part. But who know's I am wrong alot. August would be nice but I say they get here when they get here. With the companys history im sure it will be worth the wait.

Just repeating what I was told. Who knows how long that other post had been on Snipers.
I hadn't had any experience with Vortex until I recently purchased my Kiababs. If the scope is anything like their binos we are in for some serious optics with a great reticle at a reasonable price. Hope they show up before my elk hunt in Colorado in Nov.

Just curious, does anyone have a rough idea how long they've known about the problem?

That was posted by sam 8/2/10.

The scope has been in customers hands since the first week of july so, less than 30 days.

With the exception of what I noted on my pst review post, I like mine!

Sam has vowed to take care of it when the new upgraded ones arrive. I will be buying at least one, maybe two more.

Just my 2 cents...

MHO is, when the error is on the shooter the failure is within your limits, but failure with equipment just just makes you madgun). I will painstakingly wait for a good one. Bill Maylor

i am new to the site and new to long range shooting. i bought a vortex viper scope in july of this year, i was wondering what the problem is, also if there are any other issues you guys have.

i am new to the site and new to long range shooting. i bought a vortex viper scope in july of this year, i was wondering what the problem is, also if there are any other issues you guys have.

There is no issue with the Vortex Viper to my knowledge it is the Vortex Viper PST we are speeking about here. The issue was the turrets where to loose and could turn if you bumped them.

Very nice to see a company that actually cares if the product works correctly and listens to the customer.
I am sure the wait will be worth it, I've had mine on order since April so a little longer is not a big deal.

I've had mine on pre-order since the beginning of February and supposed to go to Wyoming in the end of September. I hope I get it in time to get a custom turret made for it or I'll have to cancel and buy a different scope.

joseph

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.