vortex viper pst 6-24x50

Wicked08HD

I bought a new viper pst scope and the glass looks good to 12x then anything above that and the clarity and brightness starts to suck. 24x is pretty hazy I compared it to my bushnell trophy xlt 6-18x50 and it looked clearer and brighter on all settings. Is my viper a turd or are they all like this? I have 10x42 razor hd binos and they are amazing glass. The scope seems pretty sweet other than the glass. Is the glass in the razor hd scopes better then the viper pst? Ive read some reviews where people say they are similar and some where people compare the razor to s&b. I hate not being able to look through scopes before I buy them.

I have the same scope and the glass is on par with my leupold mark 4, i think just yours is a turd. I would give vortex a call, they should replace it with their awesome no BS warrenty.

I have both the 4-16 and the 6-24 FFP PST's and love them!

I had a problem where a little speck of something was on the lense after about a year on my 4-16, I called them up and the customer service was AWESOME! They emailed me a packing slip, I sent the package out and NINE DAYS later it was back on my doorstep good as new. 9 day turnaround including shipping there and back, and it didn't cost me a dime! Definitely call them and ship it back for them to take a look.

I have the same scope and the glass is on par with my leupold mark 4, i think just yours is a turd. I would give vortex a call, they should replace it with their awesome no BS warrenty.

I agree with this. with my PST, even on a cruddy weather day, it works well to 24x. Give them a call. Everyone I've heard says they have some of the best customer service in the business

Check that your eye piece is in focus at 24 power. I have the same scope and it is clear from 6x to 24x. Don't give up on it. Read your instructions to get everything adjusted for your eyes. It is one great scope. gun)- - - - - - - - - -

joseph

I've messed with it alot and 6-12 looks close to my vx-iii but not as good, above 12 it starts looking like the lense are fogged up. There are a couple dealers within a 100 miles that have the 4-16pst in stock so I'm going to check them out and see how they compare above 12x.

The part that worries me is the more I read about these, the more I think that's just how they are. I've read people saying that they are "useable" on high powers, I would say mine is useable just foggy looking. If the 4-16s look similar I'll probably sell this one, but I'm not really sure what to look at next for a scope. I wish I could look through a razor, I don't really want to buy a mil scope, but it seems like options are low for clear on high power glass.

If I were you I would call Vortex and I'm sure they will make it right for you before you drive 100 miles one way(?).

Here is a 1,000 yd. target I shot using my Vortex PST 6-24x50 mm FFP MOA scope. The three 5 shot groups were shot in 3 relays which took a few hours. The group sizes and scores are in the lower right corner. A perfect score for each group would have been 50 points. All 15 shots would have hit the boiler room of an antelope and the scope was on 24 power.

The target was shot with my 6mm Norma BR. hunting rifle.

This is a great scope

gt40

PS: If there was anything wrong with the clarity I never would have been able to shoot like I did.

Attachments

• 1000 yd. target.JPG
    1000 yd. target.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 157
joseph, your reviews of the PST were what first got me thinking about them. The PST was one of the best purchases I've made.

wicked08HD, I'll say it again, if you haven't already, give Vortex a call. I haven't had any issues, but I have called with questions and their CS is top shelf

In my 6-24x PST, the scope fog started showing up @ 16x.
Returned the scope to Vortex and they wouldn't fix my scope or give me a new scope to replace it.
So they gave me my money back.
Fair enough.

I talked with them and they said I could send it back for them to check it out, but it sounded like that's just the way these are. I'll probably sell it and try an ior or maybe a razor.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.