Vortex Viper HD Spotting Scope

bhol

Anybody have any reviews of the Vortex Viper HD spotting scopes? Looking to get a new one and was thinking of a Leupold golden ring, then I ran across the Vortex. Would like to hear some feedback.

Looking for the best one I can find under $1000.

Anybody have any reviews of the Vortex Viper HD spotting scopes? Looking to get a new one and was thinking of a Leupold golden ring, then I ran across the Vortex. Would like to hear some feedback.

Looking for the best one I can find under $1000.

A good hunting buddy of mine, that is a guide, just bought one. He is very pleased and has told me so many times lately as he uses it more. Both he and I have bought a few pair of the Vortex bino's and are very happy with them for the price also. I haven't looked through the viper spotter yet, but trusting his judgment I would give it a long hard look before I bought a Leupold.

Jeff

Thats good to hear... I've read alot of your posts, so I'll gladly listen to your recommendations. You know exactly which model he was using?

I am sure it is the Viper 20-60 x 80 (or close there) and it was indeed the HD and I know it is a Viper. I think it was like $900

Jeff

I think the viper is a great spotter for the money I would just worry about plunking down the 7-800 for it to find out they are on closeout for $399 2 years later.

I bought their low-end Nomad 20x60x60 and love it for the price. I was leaving for my Wyoming trip and needed a spotter in a pinch. It was under $300 and I was able to spot a rack at 1000 yards. However, it is a $300 spotter and i know there are better out there. When I upgrade it will be Vortex HD model. My buddy has a pair of Viper HD Bino's which are very clear!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts