Vortex Viper 4x16x44mm HS LR.

I looked at it. Its a nice scope. My wife said hold off until this weekend. We would go look at Leopold scopes. The one i am going to look at is the Leopold vx3 HD 4.5x14x40 Side Focus CDS-ZL. Isnt the Meopta scope nice scopes? I will look at the zeiss this weekend.
Leupold CDS is awesome. Definitely look at it. Great glass early morning and late evenings.

I had a Vortex Viper 6.5x20 and the FOV was terrible. If I were you I would look at scopes with the widest FOV then after that consider magnification.
I went with Leupold VX-6HD 3-18 CDS and my only regret was not spending the money on this years ago. 38.3' FOV...
At first I didnt think Id use the CDS dial but after I got my free dial it just worked and I can still memorize my clicks to my old MPBR if Im hunting in variable terrain, and return to zero for shorter range precision shots anytime I want. The locking dial is a great feature.

I am looking at scopes to go on my new rifle . Its a browning xbolt 280AI hell canyon. It has a 26 inch 1@8 twist barrel. I looked at 4 different scopes in vortex.
Viper 4x16x44mm HS LR
Viper 4x16x50mm HS LR
Viper 4x16x44mm HS
Viper 6.5x20x50 PA.
I have never used a scope like the HS LR before. I am wanting to shoot out to 600 yards. Or would i be better getting one that has the 600 yard deadhold bdc on it? Never used scope without covers over the adjustments.
I have a few of the vortex venom, 5-25 and just love it, pin point dot instead of the crosshairs, zero lock so doesn't move on you , but always check it first, very good dials and return to zero. you can use it at 100 yds, and all the way out to whatever you like to shoot. You can always put a little piece over the windage knob, and if you need to adjust it, take if off in a sec. It's the mil, FFP 5-25, and like the mils much better.

I have a few of the vortex venom, 5-25 and just love it, pin point dot instead of the crosshairs, zero lock so doesn't move on you , but always check it first, very good dials and return to zero. you can use it at 100 yds, and all the way out to whatever you like to shoot. You can always put a little piece over the windage knob, and if you need to adjust it, take if off in a sec. It's the mil, FFP 5-25, and like the mils much better.
I have the Vortex 4x16-44 HS-LR mounted on a heavy barreled Grendel AR. For the price,it's a pretty good optic,in my opinion. I use it for deer hunting in open areas,and steel and bowling pins out to 600 yards. the turrets do lock so bumping them during a hunt is not an issue. The FOV isn't huge at high power and the eye box is fairly tight,but for the cost,they seem reasonable,at least in my opinion. This is not a $1k optic,nor should you you expect it to perform like one.The only issue I have is remembering the vertical adjustments are 1/2 MOA instead of 1/4 like the windage is,and on my other scopes.

I live in Arkansas. Areas i hunt 600 yds is about the max. The Leopold i like how u send your data. Then Leopold sends u a free new custom cap. I am planning on looking at Zeiss scopes too.

I have the HS and enjoy it.
The HS has 50moa of vertical while the T/LR has 75moa.
If you really want/need to reach out or don't want an moa rail T/LR should be considered.

I went with the caps after a friend missed out when his kid grabbed the rifle by the scope when getting out of the side by side.

Glass is fair but I have confidence in it on my tikka in 308.
But do take a look at Zeiss if it's in the price. The 'low end' ones are very good and can be had for reasonable prices. Check out Steiner too, I love my GS3 and was only $150 more than the vortex. Both superior glass.

Viper 4x16x44mm HS
I had this scope on a 6.5x55. I ended up selling it to fund a more expensive rifle project. It was a good clear daylight to dusk scope for me. I liked it, except I did't like it being SFP. 16x on a 400yd shot using the bdc works, but it is hard to keep the deer in view. My deer dropped DRT, but I was searching to see if he took off.
When I scope that rifle again, I think it will be a Meopta Optika6 3-18x44 FFP.

I'd recommend staying away from tall exposed knobs that don't zero lock.
The HSLR has a ZL.

I live in Arkansas. Areas i hunt 600 yds is about the max. The Leopold i like how u send your data. Then Leopold sends u a free new custom cap. I am planning on looking at Zeiss scopes too.
My partner has one of those Leupold's, you have to shoot the same ammo loads, so you have to hope box if you buy are all the same batch. Hornady's ELD-X and Match one run very well. We've seen shots at 400-500 very over a foot, same rifle with a Vortex mil FFP scope shot 3" groups for him, all he wanted. He likes dial and shoot, and hope, no thinking about mils.

I like the way Leopold does it. I reload my ammo. I wanted to get a good scope for the 280AI rifle. Even if i had to spend a extra 80.00 to get a different cap. One for 162gr eld m. And one for berger 175gr elite hunter. If i cant find any of them. I have several boxes of 168gr vld hunting bullets.

I like the way Leopold does it. I reload my ammo. I wanted to get a good scope for the 280AI rifle. Even if i had to spend a extra 80.00 to get a different cap. One for 162gr eld m. And one for berger 175gr elite hunter. If i cant find any of them. I have several boxes of 168gr vld hunting bullets.
That is a great option they offer, haven't used his a lot, but bet you can also, shoot different loads if you can remember the difference in POA , wonder if anyone has tried to use different ammo to see the results.

I run one on my 300 Ultra mag shooting 220 grains bullets. It holds up to the recoil. Its adjustments have always been good and its got about 800 rounds at various distances on it. Tracking is very good and always returns to zero. Even after me and the rifle had take a hard spill on a hill side. Longest rock kill with the scope is a little over 1200 yards. Ha Ha. Longest deer kill is 761 yards. I've never had an issue with it and it will stay on the rifle till it breaks. Probably one of the best bangs for the buck. Also the turret is very tactile and has loud adjustments which is something I like about it.