Vortex Viper 4X16X44 HS LR ?

Aviator

Anybody running one of these scopes..Just wondering ow the compare optically to the Zeiss Conquest and Leupold VX-3 Scopes ?

i run alot of the viper hs (not the lr version just the standard viper hs) i love them. the glass is better than the vx3 probably even with the zeiss

it has great glass and TINY crosshairs which I like. Do a search on this site and you will find alot of guys like these things! Also vortex's customer service and lifetime warrenty are reeaallyyy nice. Leupold has ****ed me off lately.

i did a tracking test with my HS scope today. it's the regular version, not the LR. the repeating was great, 2 groups about 3/8", which for the cold/windy conditions, is better than i expected. the groups were about 20" apart when moving the turret 20 moa. not full moa but pretty much right on with inches at 100 yards, which i like better. i ran the turrets up and down their full travel 20 times before i shot it. this seems to be a good thing to break in the turret threads and gets them to act more consistant.

I have all 3, and it depends on the application which I prefer. The VIPER HS is a great load development/target scope, inexpensive, fine reticle (2 fine to hunt with for me) and OK glass.
ZEISS Conquest, I use for large game hunt's.(heavy reticles)
LEUPOLD, best of the "hunting/target" combo glass.
BUT, everyone's eyes are different, so check them all out first, then buy the ones that fit YOU best.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.