Vortex Viper 4-12x40 Scope Review By Troy Adams

i just called and talked to a tech he answerd all my questions. they must have you on super secrect double probation so you go just to voice mail.

I tried to get a demo unit sent to my local shop about a year ago, as he had just become a dealer. I talked to some very nice people down at vortex. (its only an hour away from me in Madison!) they were very helpful, and offered to send a scope to my dealer on a memo note.... if i liked it, buy it. if not, send it back. very reasonable.

When i went in and placed the order, my guy told me he had sent all the product back and canceled his dealership.... he indicated that the demo units he saw were top notch, equivalent with some other top names in his opinion. The actual order was very much different. very poor quality, the whole works was poo.

He suspected they got an entire order that was bad from overseas, since he was looking for a higher end product, he just moved on.

I have heard numerous good things since then from reliable sources, so possibly it was just one batch. I suggest contacting someone local that is a dealer, and arrange for a demo unit to ship. they seem to have all the right specifications, so if the glass is good, it should be a winner.

Final comment on viper's poor customer service

i just called and talked to a tech he answerd all my questions. they must have you on super secrect double probation so you go just to voice mail.

Finally got through to them on the phone after another unanswered email (that is 4 total). The receptionist said that they usually are not interested in a dealer who only wants to order a couple of units at a time but would have Joe Blow, the rep for the western states give me a call to discuss their dealer criteria. Left him a voice mail message 4 days ago and have not received a call. Their customers service is probably the worst of any optics company that I have ever tried to do business with. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy let alone one of our customers! Obviously they are just another nickel dime outfit trying to break into the optics big league. They sure as hell won't be successful with their current attitude toward dealers and customers.

sounds like maybe they just found out you are nickel and dime dealer. i have talked to some one everytime i have had a question. guess i will just take the word from good dealers like liberty optics and swfa. go over on snipers hide and sam from vortex is on answering questions about the new vipers coming out almost as soon as they are asked.

I am considering a Viper vortex 6.5x20x44 pa- Dead hold BDC to install on a Remington VTR .308 and want a 1 piece mounting system.
Looking at a Picatinny Rail Tactical Scope Mount - Short Action 15 MOA base. Any suggestions or different recommendations ?
lightbulb

I am considering a Viper vortex 6.5x20x44 pa- Dead hold BDC to install on a Remington VTR .308 and want a 1 piece mounting system.
Looking at a Picatinny Rail Tactical Scope Mount - Short Action 15 MOA base. Any suggestions or different recommendations ?
lightbulb
A one piece canted base from EGW is as good as any you will find. They don't cost n arm an a leg either. As far as your optic choice, I think you will get more elevation adjustment with the Viper PST 6-24x50 than the viper PA 6.5-20x50. The PST will set you back almost double the asking price of the Viper PA though. In any respect, there not many scopes makers in the Vortex price range than come close the quality of the Viper line. Any viper scope on a hunting rifle will be a fine choice.

Good review....I found it on a google search and since I am already a member here had to read this thread too.

I like Vortex, I have had no issues with being able to contact them thru email or phone call ever. Good solid products and seem to be great people.
I will be buying a Viper 4-12x40 for my Mini-14 build later on this year.
I already own a couple of thier binos and a CrossFire 6x24x50. gun)

I liked the author's review. Vortex is one of the best producers of riflescopes that I had experience with. I would strongly recommend Vortex Viper Riflescopes for anyone interested. I like the combination of ergonomic design, performance, ruggedness and great value. While other producers claim the latest technologies and innovations, Vortex riflescopes continue in the tradition of Vortex brand with its attention to detail, proven functionality and unbeatable price to usability ratio. Whatever your application, when looking for a good riflescope - don't count out the good ole Vortex. If looking for a good selection at a reasonable price, several online stores carry them in stock, but I found the best service at Webyshops - they have in depth product detail, pictures, comparisons and reviews. Check them out if just for product research.

I am buying a Vortex Viper 6.5x20x44 with the side focus this week. Last week I went to Vortex's web site to try to get a catalog. I am one of those people that like holding something in my hands when reading. Well it would seem that you can only download a catalog to your computer from their site. I emailed them and asked if they could mail me a catalog on Friday of last week. I come home from work today and found it in the mail. Not only that the following day after my request for the catalog I got a email from them saying they put one in the mail for me. I like their customer service so far for sure and can't wait to mount the new scope on my Remington 700 SPS Varmint 22-250. Dale

I am looking for and pricing out scopes to sit on top of my new DPMS AR in .260 Remington. I have a Nikon Prostaff 4x12 on it but was thinking somethig up to 16x might be better. I live in South Texas, the rifle will hopefully be used on hogs, coyotes.. I was planning on a Nikon Monarch 4x16 42 with a one piece LaRue mount.. What do y'all think? How would the Vortex work, stand up, equate?

I have a Crossfire 6-24x50 on my savage model12 22-250 and I love it. I got it for $134.00 and side by side it is as good or better than my VX 2. The adjustments are percise and repeatable and that was my main concern. Out to 400yds which is as far as I have to shoot I havent had any problems, the only down side is that it is doesnt have a side focus but for the money I cant complain. I doubt that it compares to the high end scopes but since I would have to mortgage my house to buy one I will never know the difference

I deal with optics companies on a regular basis, with that said vortex customer service is the best i have seen in the business. I can call their national sales manager and he answers his phone 95% of the time or if he doesn't answer he calls me back within 1 hour. That can not be said for all the other big names i deal with.

I have seen one defective product from Vortex, and the customer who had purchased this item needed it replaced now. i exchanged his glass over the counter and call vortex Monday. they did not even question sending me glass! that is customer service!

I bought the Vortex Viper in 6.5x20x44 PA, should be here any day now, they had a great deal on them, but could not get the BDC, so I opted for the Target
Dot one, this will be going on my Marlin XL7 in 25-06 Cal. thanks

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.