Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 failure

Attachments

• DBC6E865-0954-45DE-A34D-660246CABC74.gif
    DBC6E865-0954-45DE-A34D-660246CABC74.gif
    866.7 KB · Views: 340
So I bought one of these scopes a few weeks ago. Almost immediately I recognized tracking issues. So I got in contact with Vortex and sent it back. The technician confirmed there were issues and they decided to send me a new scope. Some might get excited by that. I was not. I figured the new scope could have the same issues. But I tried to stay positive and awaited it's arrival. After it showed up, I mounted it up proper, again, and took it out. IMMEDIATELY noticed tracking issues again. Bear in mind that my load is proven. And I do mean proven. I'll attach a picture that has the order of shots numbered and the correction I put on the scope written next to it. Some were single shots some were groups. The group numbered 5 was shot when my patience had run completely out which should explain its size. All I can say at this point is this: if you are considering one of these scopes, maybe consider something else. I'm quite close to exchanging this one for a Crimson Trace CSA 2. It's a very similar scope for roughly the same price. Perhaps it'll perform better. As of right now I'm waiting to hear back from Vortex again and see what they are willing to do. If it's yet another new scope, I quit

Please share a picture of your setup. If your rings are not even or are clamped right up next to the turrets it can really affect the tracking of the scope.

Where are all these Vortex nuts that talk about how bulletproof they are and leupolds are junk? Big green guy seems particularly full of the Vortex hype?

Nightforce break. S&b break. Swaro break. Leupolds break. Vortex break. I have personally experienced all these brands have failures on proven rifles with excellent loads developed. That's part of the game. Vortex and Leupold both have stellar customer service though. I expect they will take care of you.

Last edited:
Please share a picture of your setup. If your rings are not even or are clamped right up next to the turrets it can really affect the tracking of the scope.
The first scope failed their inspection after returning it. I'm not trash talking Vortex as I own several other of their optics. I'm just trying to give people a heads up. I do know how to mount a scope

Attachments

• 5FAD5586-5667-4587-9584-7E551BD37931.jpeg
    5FAD5586-5667-4587-9584-7E551BD37931.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,566
I tried Vortex due to all the hype. Been a Leupold man for over 50 years. Both the Vortex scopes had to be sent for warranty repairs twice. Never have had a Leupold need anything done. Made in the USA since they were founded. After the Vortex came back the second time I put them in the circular file. Didn't want to even give them away as I didn't feel comfortable letting someone else have the same experience as I did with them.

I tried Vortex due to all the hype. Been a Leupold man for over 50 years. Both the Vortex scopes had to be sent for warranty repairs twice. Never have had a Leupold need anything done. Made in the USA since they were founded. After the Vortex came back the second time I put them in the circular file. Didn't want to even give them away as I didn't feel comfortable letting someone else have the same experience as I did with them.
Well thankfully they offered to buy back the scope and the rings if the 3rd one fails me. Their customer service is spot on. Seems to me like they need to get some QC going at their China factory though

So I bought one of these scopes a few weeks ago. Almost immediately I recognized tracking issues. So I got in contact with Vortex and sent it back. The technician confirmed there were issues and they decided to send me a new scope. Some might get excited by that. I was not. I figured the new scope could have the same issues. But I tried to stay positive and awaited it's arrival. After it showed up, I mounted it up proper, again, and took it out. IMMEDIATELY noticed tracking issues again. Bear in mind that my load is proven. And I do mean proven. I'll attach a picture that has the order of shots numbered and the correction I put on the scope written next to it. Some were single shots some were groups. The group numbered 5 was shot when my patience had run completely out which should explain its size. All I can say at this point is this: if you are considering one of these scopes, maybe consider something else. I'm quite close to exchanging this one for a Crimson Trace CSA 2. It's a very similar scope for roughly the same price. Perhaps it'll perform better. As of right now I'm waiting to hear back from Vortex again and see what they are willing to do. If it's yet another new scope, I quit
I use Burris and Trijicon

How crazy is this! Here's a box test with my Strike Eagle 4-24x50. 100 Yards perfect 10.5" travel for 10 MOA adjustments with 2 shots touching at each location. I'm extremely pleased with mine.
Buddy has the same scope that he has been beating the heck out of on a 300 Win Mag. works perfectly....
View attachment 208429
Ive got a SE 1-8x24 on my 300WSM & haven't had an issue with it with tracking or holding zero.

The sight picture gets a little fuzzy at 8x but I knew this as I read it in the reviews & for the price I think it's not a bad scope.

I was considering a similar Leupold didn't want to spend double the money & they seem to be having problems now to so can happen at any price I guess whether a product is made in China or the USA!.

Last edited: