Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 failure

MTbackwoods

So I bought one of these scopes a few weeks ago. Almost immediately I recognized tracking issues. So I got in contact with Vortex and sent it back. The technician confirmed there were issues and they decided to send me a new scope. Some might get excited by that. I was not. I figured the new scope could have the same issues. But I tried to stay positive and awaited it's arrival. After it showed up, I mounted it up proper, again, and took it out. IMMEDIATELY noticed tracking issues again. Bear in mind that my load is proven. And I do mean proven. I'll attach a picture that has the order of shots numbered and the correction I put on the scope written next to it. Some were single shots some were groups. The group numbered 5 was shot when my patience had run completely out which should explain its size. All I can say at this point is this: if you are considering one of these scopes, maybe consider something else. I'm quite close to exchanging this one for a Crimson Trace CSA 2. It's a very similar scope for roughly the same price. Perhaps it'll perform better. As of right now I'm waiting to hear back from Vortex again and see what they are willing to do. If it's yet another new scope, I quit

Attachments

• 896B1452-FAE7-4021-A377-256AD0DFFD44.jpeg
    896B1452-FAE7-4021-A377-256AD0DFFD44.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,590
I put one on a rifle for my dad. Zeroed fine with no tracking issues. Doesn't get shot/used much though. It also may have been an older model.

@CjC73 has one...what's your experience?

should have went swfa;)

I'm sorry thats happening. I'm sure it's frustrating. I hope you find a replacement that works for your needs.

I gotta send my 3-15 SWFA back as soon as they get them back in stock, o ring is coming out from around the objective lens. 🙄

Attachments

• 9B9071BD-6B2B-4E35-A2D3-CD7692C290B7.jpeg
    9B9071BD-6B2B-4E35-A2D3-CD7692C290B7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 409
@CjC73 has one...what's your experience?

should have went swfa;)

I'm sorry thats happening. I'm sure it's frustrating. I hope you find a replacement that works for your needs.

Still working on the rifle it's going on. Be curious to hear how the new one will work out for you OP.

Vortex is going to ship me another new scope. After 2 immediate failures, I have no faith though. The first one took a little bit to show signs of failure. So when I got the second one, I took it out of the box and started twisting away on the turrets. As you can see on the target, by shot number 2 it wasn't tracking properly. So I would recommend doing the same. Work the turrets before you mount it. That way you should know almost immediately if it's bad or not. They are offering to refund me for the scope and rings I bought so I'm gonna do that and give the Athlon Midas Tac a whirl if scope #3 fails. I just wanted to put this out there as a fair warning to anyone eyeing a Strike Eagle. Being a brand new model, it might take a little while to work the kinks out

Thanks for the heads up. I have a Midas Tac that is also waiting for a rifle to be finished.

NOOOOO! There's always one. Lol

I hope it gets fixed.
And I would be the one so lucky to get it.
Still runs, just not taking it hunting. They are just gonna replace it when they get some in. The one I have is in MOA and they don't make it any more, I'm just as proficient with mils so no worries.

It happens, ever seen a $4,000+ S&B tube break?

And I would be the one so lucky to get it.
Still runs, just not taking it hunting. They are just gonna replace it when they get some in. The one I have is in MOA and they don't make it any more, I'm just as proficient with mils so no worries.

It happens, ever seen a $4,000+ S&B tube break?

what happened??