Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18 vs Bushnell Forge 3-18

TJ2050

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new scope for my browning x-bolt 300 wsm. Looking to bring my shooting from 2-250 ish yards out to 400, maybe 500 at the most. Mostly I'll try to stay within 300, but I want the option to be a bit further as I don't always have tons of time to hunt and don't want to miss opportunities when I'm out.

So in Canada where I am. I don't have the same selection as you do in the states and importing is nigh impossible, but I have been mostly looking at 3-18 scopes because I want the nice low 3 end for closer hunting and 18 for further. (I currently have a 3-9).

So originally I was looking at the forge 3-18, but when I look at the strike eagle, I'm not sure the forge is worth $300 more. (Strike eagle comes in around $690 CAD, and the Forge $999 CAD). I like the illuminated reticle option on the SE, and the FFP option on the Forge.

Anyways, I'd love some insight from this group on which I should consider. My non-negotiables are a 3x bottom max and a 15x top minimum, but I don't really want more than 20x. Parallax and easy finger turret adjustment are also musts.

Thanks all!

At one time the forge was selling for under 400.00 here we bought 4 of them can't see how they could be beat at that price if I was going to send 900.00 I would look for something different. David

At one time the forge was selling for under 400.00 here we bought 4 of them can't see how they could be beat at that price if I was going to send 900.00 I would look for something different. David
Yeah, $900 leaves room for a sightron, Burris xtr ii, Athlon ares, etc... But I just saw where he's in Canada, so he may have to pay more up there.

Yeah we pay more up here for sure, mostly due to exchange. So a burris xtr ii is over $1500, and normally I'd just buy from the states, but scopes are basically not allowed to be imported by residents (need an import license). Also, things like Athlon are really hard to come by here. So need to stick wit more mainstream lines unfortunately.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.