Vortex spotter

snox801

Ok guys I have a 11-33 razor and am thinking to upgrade to the 27-60 razor.
How good are these scopes?
I'm using Lieca bios and mostly nightforce and March scopes. That being. Said I've never had a legit spotter.
Vortex seems to be a good brand and it hard to justify a more expensive one when I only get to use it maybe twice a year at best.

The bigger razor is much better that the 11-33. There a good solid spotter for the price that will work for you in most situations. It all comes down to what you want out of it. We had a swaro 80mm and the 85mm razor side by side glassing a bull at 2ish miles. The razor you could tell it was a nice bull with a large frame but hard to make out all the points. The swaro you could tell it was a 7x7 370ish bull that was worth the effort to get to.

All depends what you expect out the spotter. You won't get top end results out of cheaper models but The Razors are good enough for most people expectations.

That's what I was looking for. Not sure I'll ever ya wit enough to say swaro or Lieca. I think it will work as I do t care as much about score as the hunt itself I may judge them at say 1000.
Plus I got enough Cabela's points saved this summer to get the the vortex free.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.