Vortex RZR HD vs. NF NXS

ZSteinle

I have a NXS 5.5-22 right now and just curious how the optics compare to the Vortex RZR HD. Sounds like a great scope at a decent price.

I´m asking myself the same question. I already bought 4 vipers, but i´m really curious to know about the razor.
The advertisement video makes it look like a very nice scope, but let´s face it every one does that with their products.

Hope someone around here can make a side by side field comparison.

I've been shooting the Razor for about a year now and am more that pleased. I don't know that the glass is any better than the NF. Probably comparable. Repeatability is great on the Vortex but so is the NF. The main reason I switched to it from the NF is the fact that it is a ffp scope. That is the one feature that sets the Razor apart from the NF. After shooting it, I will never go back to a rear focal scope. Not the best for punching paper but awesome on steel and fur. NF needs a FFP 5.5-22 scope.

Why do you say it´s not the best for punching paper?? I see a lot of NF scopes in BR competitions, what makes them better for the task??

The only thing i don´t like about the Vortex is that i don´t really like Illuminated reticles. I suppose it´s because i don´t think they´re really necesary in normal hunting/shooting situations.
I don´t know, maybe it´s because i´ve never used one.

I think he means not great for paper because the reticle might be to thick @20x being a ffp,i haven't looked through one but from experience with a p3 s&b i would say thats what Bailey means,thanks for sharing your thoughts on the razor most people who have bought one say the glass is much better than NF, but i guess sometimes it's human nature trying to justify our purchases,none the less sounds like a good scope.

Exactly right on the reticle being thick. Would be terrible for br or fclass stuff but is awesome for tactical/practical shooting. I never had any complaints w/nf glass. Their glass is "cooler" than most, meaning the blues really dominate vs the reds and yellows. The razor may have a little better color rendition but I don't think either one will give anyone reason to complain about the glass.

I have 5.5x22x56 NF and the Vortex Razor. In good light its a wash on glass. I was at a shoot were part of the course was set up to be shot from last 10 min light and lasted 30 minutes into dark. This is were I was able to see the Razor shine. Wether it the 35mm tube or better glass I not sure. I was able to engauge targets with the vortex that my shooting partner could not make out with the NF. I am a die hard NF fan, but would say the Razor my have a little edge. Now if it last as long as NF only time will tell .
Jrigby

The only thing i don´t like about the Vortex is that i don´t really like Illuminated reticles. I suppose it´s because i don´t think they´re really necesary in normal hunting/shooting situations.
I don´t know, maybe it´s because i´ve never used one.
Can you please elaborate?

Scott

I have 5.5x22x56 NF and the Vortex Razor. In good light its a wash on glass. I was at a shoot were part of the course was set up to be shot from last 10 min light and lasted 30 minutes into dark. This is were I was able to see the Razor shine. Wether it the 35mm tube or better glass I not sure. I was able to engauge targets with the vortex that my shooting partner could not make out with the NF. I am a die hard NF fan, but would say the Razor my have a little edge. Now if it last as long as NF only time will tell .
Jrigby

These have been in continual endurance testing since the very first production scope was done and they are doing very well. We engineered these scopes to endure the rigors of time and abuse and are very confident that they will do just that. Not to mention with our no fault warranty we did not want to be fixing or replacing these scopes with great frequency:).

Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.