Vortex Rifle Scopes

Wachsmann

So does any one out there have a Vortex Viper HS LR on order or have they been waiting to buy one? I have heard there was some issues at the company with there product line. Any one know any inside scoops on when Vortex may start shipping these scopes out? I believe its been about 3 to 4 months since I placed the order. I have not seen any show up in our major big chain sporting goods store either. The big " C ". Not that I have anything against this store because I go there weekly. Feeding the addicttion.:D
Thanks...

well a local store in kentuckey had a hole stack of them last time i was there

you might be able to get one from them its Whittaker Guns in Owensboro,Ky

Whittaker Guns

Have you looked at Midway? They have a scope which is an HS made for them in 5-15 x 44 30mm 1 piece tube side parralex adj. with their version of zero stop for $499 and when it's on sale it's $399 check it out it may be just what you want?

I think that the 44mm may be what you are talking about. I had one on order too but decided to go with the 50mm. If you want one of those, PM me and I'll tell you where to go as he has them in stock.

Randy

The 'C' (Cabelas) carrys limited Vortex Optics stock. They prefer Leupold.

I'd try Doug at Cameraland (advertiser on here BTW).

Better to support on forum advertisers that defray the costs of you using this venue.....

Len (Forum owner) also has a store listed at the top of this page (right next to HOME).

Again, better to support the venue than abuse it.

Just say'in.....:D

TZS, if you have them in stock, why do you have to drop ship? That means they are coming from somewhere else.

Because I dont keep everyhing in stock as to try and keep prices down as low as I can. You dont think you dont pay for shipping when you buy at a big store? They just tack it onto the price. There are thousands of items and different models that it would take a whole giant shopping mall to display them, let a lone tens of thousands of dollars to stock them.gun)

Just a couple weeks into my wait for the 6-24x50 PST I ordered.

Interesting. I got that story from OP and then called Doug at Cameraland and had one in 3 days....6-24x50 SFP/MOA, whcih BTW, I had at the range this morning, mounted on my Savage 111 LRH chambered in 338 Lapua. I took the 4-16x50 SFP/MOA off and mounted it on the Savage 11 Lightweight Hunter in 308 Winchester. I zeroed them both at 200 this morning and took the 338 out to 500 (as far as we can shoot here BTW). Both scopes are very clear. The 308 is running in Talley One Piece ring/base mounts and the 338 is running Warne Maxima Steel rings, both sets lapped. The 6-24 actually has more clarity than my spotting scope, well worth the asking price, in fact, both are worth the asking price.

On Vortex Optics in general, Vortex sets the price point that (authorized by Vortex) retailers can sell them for so across the board pricing from any retailer will be pretty close. There will be, at times, a sugar coated apple of sorts like a free set of scope covers or some other inexpensive trinket to lure the buyer.

Leupold just got done with a similar campaign, offering covers or a scope coat.

In as much as I'm not in this particular business but am in the retail business, I'd venture to say that the markup on these scopes is around 20% or better, but then again, Vortex sets the MAP (minimum acvertised price). If the retailer chooses to sell below that (and cut into their profit), they face censure from Vortex which is no different than Leupold, Nikon, NightForce, Sightron, Huskemaw or any other recognized brand and is why off brands such as Minox or Hawke are heavily discounted or cheaper than a comparable brand name scope and they most likely aren't any less quailty, they aren't as 'accepted' as the leaders. Always keep that in mind when shopping for optics ot anything for that matter.

Thats why scope prices are fairly stable across most retailers.

I believe that Vortex is actually running a deficit on shipment to retailers to insure demand. It's a very good business ethic and causes stabilazation of the price. Flooding the market and exceeding demand, only causes reduced value.

In my business, I ocassionally drop ship an item but most times I have the stock on hand...... makes for a much more seamless relationship with your customer.

Inventory is the cost of doing business. The key to inventory control is tracking sales agressively.

Third party (drop shipping) invites the 'pass the buck' attitude if something gets screwed up and the more fingers in the stew, the better chance of a screw up. The old he said that she said that you said just makes for an unhappy customer.

I got a nice military discount from the retailer I purchased from and don't mind waiting as I don't have the rifle in my hands yet either. I ordered the FFP PST 6-24x50 in mils along with IOR rings and an EGW 20 MOA base.

Because I dont keep everyhing in stock as to try and keep prices down as low as I can. You dont think you dont pay for shipping when you buy at a big store? They just tack it onto the price. There are thousands of items and different models that it would take a whole giant shopping mall to display them, let a lone tens of thousands of dollars to stock them.gun)

i keep everything instock, and i ship for fee without tacking it onto the price and still keep the prices at the minimum.

i guess i just dont see what you are trying to say. you said you had them instock, my definition of in stock is "its in MY hands and i can ship it the next day" my definition of avaible for order is "it in the distributers hands and i can order you one"

TZS, I was making the same point as Vette. If you say it's in stock, order a drop ship, it gets backordered, then what? You have now in effect, lied to the customer and cannot honor your agreement to them. I fully understand your point on inventory, no one can keep everything on had, and it would be impossible to afford it. Your response to us give is an idea as to your maturity, or lack thereof. I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but I think there will be a few who have now decided with whom no to do business. You come off as a spoiled teen-ager.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.