Vortex Razor HD

ZSteinle

Anyone have any reviews or first had experience with this spotter? Looks very similar to the kowa 88. Had a burris 25-75 cassegrain that i beleive is built by vortex and what a piece of junk. Obviously not even close to the same price range so hopefully a totally different optical experience.

Last edited:
I've been looking at the razor binocs and the skyline spotting scope. They get pretty good reviews overall. The razor spotter is out of my financial league. I'd guess for 2k you could find something with a better history. Or I guess I should say something more common. But I may be talking out of my butt.:D

Most places sell them around 1500 to 1600 so if it is up there with swaro and zeiss it might be a good deal, plus an excellent warranty comes with. Never seen one though

There are all kinds of reviews on the Razor spotter online. 99% of them say it is hands down the best spotter for the money out there. Obviously I am a little bias ,but it really is in my opinion with in the top 3 spotters out there and at half the price. If you get one and for some reason you are not happy with it just let us know and we will do whatever necessary to make you happy.

Best Regards
Scott

Scott's post above is one of the compelling reasons for my purchase. Tough to beat support and concern like that.

Are there better performing spotters in terms of optical performance.....probably, and if you're a discriminating optics guru, that is looking for the last 1%...then the top of the line models from Kowa, Leica, and Zeiss are what you need.

If you have a budget to stay within, or are OK with giving up marginal optical performance, to gain a large price advantage.....then the Vortex HD is the ticket.

Side by side with a Swaro 80 HD, I did discern a very very slight performance advantage with the Swaro....but I now own a Razor HD. That's the only one I compared it with.

The reticle eyepiece put it over the top for me.

When Scott makes us a MOA eyepiece for his Razor, this spotter will become the NXS Nightforce of value vs. performance LRH Spotters in my book.

Liberty Optics would be were I send you if you decide to get one.

My 2 cents....for free!

I've got a Swaro 80HD spotter and even though it may make me look stupid, I typically don't need much help in this department, because I've got so many $$$ wrapped up in this thing, IMO, they AREN'T even remotely worth the money.

I have been using a angled eyepiece Razor HD spotting scope and I really like it.
Zsteinle give me a call and you can look through it.
307-257-7431

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts