vortex razor hd lht

I've owned both Gen Razor HDs (heavy pigs!), then got an LHT for less weight.

Surprising how light this is, and clarity is outstanding. but more important to me is tracking accuracy, as I dial for most of my distance shooting. Ran a tall target test as well as box test and mine tracks to less than 0.5% deviation through 12 mils of adjustments.

I've owned both Gen Razor HDs (heavy pigs!), then got an LHT for less weight.

Surprising how light this is, and clarity is outstanding. but more important to me is tracking accuracy, as I dial for most of my distance shooting. Ran a tall target test as well as box test and mine tracks to less than 0.5% deviation through 12 mils of adjustments.
Thanks for the info. I've got it narrowed down to about 3, this is definitely on my list.

Thanks for the info. I've got it narrowed down to about 3, this is definitely on my list.
I did quite a bit of online reading from others' experiences with the LHT as well as VX5 and others. I'm thoroughly happy with mine, but others seem to also be perfectly content with the VX5.

I did quite a bit of online reading from others' experiences with the LHT as well as VX5 and others. I'm thoroughly happy with mine, but others seem to also be perfectly content with the VX5.
Yea, I'm looking at the LHT, zeiss v4, and trijicon credo HX. Sounds like I can't really go wrong with any of them

Yea, I'm looking at the LHT, zeiss v4, and trijicon credo HX. Sounds like I can't really go wrong with any of them
I had both Razor LHT and Zeiss V4. Ended up selling the Razor and now have 3 V4's. I had issues with illumination intermittently not working on the LHT. Sent it back to Vortex twice. They ultimately replaced it with a new one. Aside from it not working correctly, I don't like how I got flare in other parts of the reticle on the upper half of the brightness setting.

The V4's I have are great: they track reliably, return to zero, have great glass and illumination is spot-on. Demo's from Red Hawk have been like new.

I bought one this week (the 3-15x50 with MRAD) and will mount it in a Spuhr Hunter mount. I previously own a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24. I think the optical clarity is very similar in both. I am very happy with the purchase although I still haven't tried it out.

Here is the mount:

Vortex recommends a 15 lb torque on the screws, while Spuhr suggest 20-25 lb torque on the ring mount.

At the same time as I want to follow Vortex instructions to not damage the scope - an even bigger issue would be if the screws become loose during a hunt.

Would appreciate your opinions on how tight I should tighten the screws. Any ideas?

Start with the Vortex recommendation. The Spuhr mounts are precision made so it should be safe regardless but 15 in lbs should be sufficient. I keep a torque wrench/ fix it sticks in my bag at all times and check torque often in the field and at home after a day of shooting. You can increase if they are loosening regularly but I doubt they will.

Vortex recommends that because they don't want you to crush the tube. Use their recommendation. Congrats, I'll be shocked if you don't like it. I found some MOA scopes last week (gone now) but I was able to pick up two.