vortex razor hd lht

JimFromTN

There have been at least 3 of these for sale in the classifieds over the last week. Its on my list of possible scopes for my next build and was wondering why people are selling them off. I am not suggesting they are bad scopes but rather maybe the reticle or something isn't good for hunting.

There are some long posts on this scope on this and other forums. Long story short glass is really good and more importantly the internals/tracking has been perfect. For the western big game hunting I do the reticle couldn't be any better, of course this is a bit subjective.

FWIW I have a somewhat new NF NX8 4-32 and March 2.5-25 and always wonder if I should have just bought 6 more LHT's instead...

Friend just bought one and haven't really checked it out yet at distance. Looked through it and glass is good, elevation and windage turrets are hard to turn. Keep you all posted.

I checked one out at the store. Glass isn't bad, but to my eye the VX5 was much brighter and I could see small details better. Reticle on the vortex seemed great for hunting. Magnification ring was difficult to turn, but that usually gets better with time.

But, unlike many Rupolds, it will track, RTZ and hold up to heavy recoil. I've had my LHTs alongside VX5's and 6's and could tell no real difference. Though I will admit glass quality matters almost zero to me compared to function

I have the original vortex razor LH, a VX-5HD, and razor LHT. My favorite is the LHT I have not tested tracking extensively enough to verify but I've had no problems with the Razor LH.

Compared to the VX-5 I felt the glass on the razor LHT was clearer and had more apparent magnification albeit a smaller FOV.

I have an LHT and a NF NX8. Muted windage turret was the feature that did it for me. Took the LHT on a trip this year. No complaints. I find it super satisfying to have a light weight scope with very good glass, functional features without the clunky, unnecessary knobs. Tracks perfectly, uncluttered reticle. I slightly prefer 1FFP but it wasn't a deal killer. It's rare to get this much of what I like in anything. Great scope for the money. I see some comments here that the turrets were hard to turn. I didn't experience that at all.

I checked one out at the store. Glass isn't bad, but to my eye the VX5 was much brighter and I could see small details better. Reticle on the vortex seemed great for hunting. Magnification ring was difficult to turn, but that usually gets better with time.
I compared the LHT to the VX-5HD 3-15x44 today side by side and there is definitely a difference in clarity. Both scopes were $999 but I gave the edge to the leupold. I like the reticle on the LHT but in MY opinion that center dot just seemed bigger than it needed to be. I also didnt like the fact that the LHT didnt have a fast focus eyepiece, not a deal breaker if im the only person shooting the rifle but im teaching my kids to shoot so not having the FFEP wouldnt suit me well. As far as brightness the Leupold got a 9 and the LHT got an 8.5. The tactile clicks on the Leupold were non existent whereas the LHT I handled was crisp, clean and positive. Its going to boil down to what you the shooter wants. On a side note the Illumination button on the Leupold wins HANDS DOWN, The LHT's illumination button was way too mushy.

I recently bought both the vx5hd and a Vortex LHT 3-15x50 that euro has the exclusive on. Initial impression after one range trip...I should've bought two Vortex scopes.

I put the vx5hd on my #1 rifle and have hunted with daily it since this past Friday. I really expected it to be better but I don't think it is.

Truth is, they are both great scopes.

I recently bought both the vx5hd and a Vortex LHT 3-15x50 that euro has the exclusive on. Initial impression after one range trip...I should've bought two Vortex scopes.

I put the vx5hd on my #1 rifle and have hunted with daily it since this past Friday. I really expected it to be better but I don't think it is.

Truth is, they are both great scopes.
I know this is old, does this still hold true? Been comparing these two along with some others.

Recent Posts