Vortex Razor HD LH vs Razor LHT

308cal

Can anyone tell me the real difference in these two, or is it just renaming an adding a different turret and obj options?

I think the only thing that is the same or similar between the old HD LH and the new LHT, is the optics and the available reticles.

The new LHT has a 30mm main tube, illuminated reticle but I think only the center dot is illuminate not all of the reticle, exposed turret for elevation with a zero stop feature, and you can get one of the 3-15 models with a 50mm obj.

I have three Razor HD LH 3-15x42's on my small caliber rifles and they've been great little scopes, and that's coming from someone that isn't all that big a fan of Vortex. It'll be interesting to see if this new model is any better. I do like the idea of the exposed elevation turret though.

Last edited:
Being available in MILs, 30mm tube, illumination, locking exposed elevation turret, seems pretty different...

I think the only thing that is the same or similar between the old HD LH and the new LHT, is the optics and the available reticles.

The new LHT has a 30mm main tube, illuminated reticle but I think only the center dot is illuminate not all of the reticle, exposed turret for elevation with a zero stop feature, and you can get one of the 3-15 models with a 50mm obj.

I have three Razor HD LH 3-15x42's on my small caliber rifles and they've been great little scopes, and that's coming from someone that isn't all that big a fan of Vortex. It'll be interesting to see if this new model is any better. I do like the idea of the exposed elevation turret though.
I'm with you, not a big Vortex fan in general, but I do love the HD LH 2-10 on my lightweight deer rifle. The new one does have my interest also, if it tracks correctly could be a great option for most of my hunting needs.

They have improved the glass as well.

I've ordered one. If it tracks these will be money. I love the locking turret as I have spun my Zeiss multiple times climbing around in trees. It checks all my boxes if it will hold up. When I get it I'm gonna throw it on the ground and find out.

Just got one. Has the best locking zero stop turret I have ever used. Gonna be a game changer for western hunting.

could you post a video of the turrets and such? mine is a few weeks out and I'm excited lol

I had the old LH 3-15 and just got the new LHT 3-15. I really like that the ocular end is much the same as the old LH. Very easy to get behind and a nice full eye piece. The elevation turret, zero stop and lock are all very nice and straight forward. Glass is easily as good as the LH if not better. The worst thing about the LH for me was the mush feel while adjusting the turrets. The LHT is better. Thank God.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts