Vortex Razor 5-20x 50mm w/ EBR-2 reticle review

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
I have been playing with a Vortex Razor for the past week or so and have to admit I am very impressed with it so far. Clear, bright, sharp, very consistant with tractability.

Many pass on this scope simply by looking at the cost which is around $2000 from lost of the better price shops. Yes, thats alot of money but if you look at what you get, its not quite so bad.

Scope
35mm steel tactical rings
35mm scope level
Sunshade
FFP reticle
130 moa vertical adjustment
Zero stop

If you were to get this in a NF scope for example, you would be paying upwards of $2500 for the same amount of features and then you would have a 3.5-15x scope and only 100 moa of vertical adjustment.

Now I am not saying the Razor is better then the NF. In my evaluation, they are nearly identical optically but the Razor does offer features that are not possible with the NF or an extra cost item.

They are big, 38 oz compared to around 32 oz for the NF but seems to be built extremely solidly.

They are a relatively new scope company and offering but if they stand up, they are alot of scope for the money. And with their no question replacement policy that is transferable if you sell the scope, its a pretty good deal also.

Very impressed so far.

Hey Mate,thanks for some feedback on the vortex,i am currentley looking for a new scope and they are looking like good value,what are your thoughts on the EBR-2 reticle and how many mils per turn do they have, i have heard 5, is this correct?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts