Vortex Razor 27x60x85 versus Zeiss Gavia 30x60x85

muleyman

I'm looking for opinions on these two different spotters. I did a search here and didn't find any comparisons other than several posts about each individually. I went to the local Sportsman's Warehouse and looked at them but that was only inside the store and both were great looking at the mounts on the wall. Honestly they look so similar in appearance and whatnot that they could be made by the same manufacturer and labeled differently, (Just my .02). I can get the Vortex for about $300 less if that means anything, both are under my max of $1500.00. Thanks in advance for any assistance/opinions...

I would go with the Vortex because of it warrantee. Both are nice spotters with good glass. I think they are very close in clarity as you saw. They are both a step below the top end of spotters. The Vortex Razor line is hard to beat for the price.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.